Casabella Hardwood

reggie4October 23, 2008

I visited three reputable flooring stores today and they all sell this brand "Casabella hardwood". It is significantly cheaper and comes from China. I am looking at buying oak solid pre-finished. Any comments? Reggie4

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sweetwillie

Good question,I too am curious if anyone has this flooring. I have seen it at some bigger flooring stores near me. I was drawn to the Asian Walnut. It was on sale for 4.99 sf
Can anyone please advise if they have this product. Also the samples of the Asian Walnut I have seem pretty soft. Is walnut a soft species

Bookmark   October 30, 2008 at 10:29PM
soraya_2008

I am having Casabella Hardwood in a antique handscraped asian walnut installed in two weeks time. I love the look of it, but am still a little nervous as I have not been able to find out anything whilst researching on the web about this flooring.

Our floor guy tells me it is a good quality floor.

If you do have any luck finding out any info I would love to hear it.

Bookmark   November 7, 2008 at 10:09AM
amelia66

Msg to Soraya 2008 - I am considering installing Casabella Handscraped Asian Walnut. I know you installed it about 4 years ago. How are your floors holding up. Were you happy with your decision.

Would appreciate any feedback you have for me.

Bookmark   January 21, 2013 at 9:00AM
UniqueWoodFloor

Asian Walnut is also called Acacia or Acacia Walnut flooring. There are big and small leaf Acacia or Asian Walnut. They are both from China. While small leaf is quite hard and with tight and more beautiful grain pattern, the big leaf is light in weight with more plain grain patterns. Small leaf Acacia trees are small size shrubs. So the floor boards are usually shorter from 1 to 4 feet.

Here is a link that might be useful: Small leaf Acacia Hand Scraped

Bookmark   January 23, 2013 at 11:57PM
Margaretbetty

We put in a Casabella hickory floor. Very poor quality wood - it varies considerably in thickness so there are big gaps in the floor and it isn't level. Wasn't even well finished - the tooling marks so rough that it felt like you were walking on Velcro when you hit parts of the flooring that had no finish on them. A lot of very short boards too. I definitely wouldn't recommend it.

Bookmark   December 16, 2014 at 4:18PM
More Discussions
Tigerwood Flooring - if you have it would you do it again
We are considering putting in Tigerwood flooring. We...
snowcamp
floor refinishing question...how long does it really take?
I am looking at getting my floor refinished. It is...
cindywhitall
What I Learned About Installing Engineered Floors
We just finished installing engineered flooring over...
francesca_sf
carpet comparison
We are looking at 2 carpets right now. Both are Anso...
sutrotower96
why is everyone pushing water based poly?
Everyone that I have gotten estimates for is pricing...
NYMK
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™