Advice on Trane system
So i finally have a quote from a reputed installer that's doing work on my street. He is a Trane authorized dealer.
A Manual J was done and the heat load was 47K and cooling load 24K BTU. This is for a bilevel, 1700 sq.ft house in Northern NJ.
The quote I got was for a XV95 (60K BTU, 97% AFUE) 2-stage, variable speed blower motor and XR13 (2.5 ton) 14-SEER AC with a XL602 thermostat. Also included is an Aprilaire 2410 media cleaner. The total cost is about 9K with around 2K in rebates and tax credit. Dealer also recommended that I add a return in the lower level - currently only have one return that's on the main level.
I have a few questions for the helpful gurus on this board.
1. Is the price reasonable? The installer has a good name in this area.
2. I can get a quote for York and Amana from this installer. Are these brands worth considering?
3. Should I get the XV95 be replaced by XL95 (96% AFUE, 2 stage, 4 speed blower motor)? Is 4-speed almost as good as variable speed?
4. Is the Aprilaire media cleaner worth adding in?
5. The quote does not include Chimney Liner since design calcs indicate that it's not required. That's an additional $660 if the township requires it. Does that sound reasonable?
Thank you for reading through this long post. I will appreciate any help you can offer.