granite colors to go with terracotta floors with an accent piece.

pneffMarch 25, 2012

I'm hoping I can figure out how to attach a picture so you can see the tile floor that I'm keeping in my kitchen. It's terracotta (pinkish beige) color with a Mexican 4 x 4 accent piece. The cabinets will be cherry (will try to attach also) and all the appliances will be stainless. Please help with granite colors that I should use!!!! The kitchen design center suggested typhoon bordeaux, juparan vyara and golden beach but it's so hard to choose from a 12 x 12 sample!!! I do plan to go to a granite yard but it is soon but would like to know if you could give me a direction with the counters. I would like to keep the counters on the medium to light side. I love earth tones and like the veining and movement in granite more than the speckled and consistent granite patterns. Please help.

Thank you.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dogtrnr

I just came back from 2 yards today, this is our second go-round remodeling the kitchen. This time we're going above where our design went when we first moved in. All I can say is it's time consuming, and the only way to really know what you like and what looks like it's supposed to look like is going in person. On-line is a good start, I listed about 15 pieces I wanted to see, and immediately knocked it down to 3 after spending 2 hours there. The color differences are incredible. We have one more yard tomorrow, and hopefully I'm done. I can tell you from what I saw today, nothing looked like it did online, and tomorrow I go without my husband. Way too stressful for him ;) We are loving Van Gogh, but have to get a price. I hope you find what you're looking for, and post when you do!

Bookmark   April 13, 2012 at 12:20AM
More Discussions
Unusual granite
I have searched for other pictures of this granite....
ourgeorgiahouse
Need help with kitchen layout
Looking for ideas. I think the island is too big at...
cinnamon01
How can I improve this layout?
How can I change this layout and still keep the sink...
houserookie
How best to trick this space out as a pantry?
Hi all. I currently have a roomy walk-in pantry (4'...
jenmendel23
Anyone have experience with JSI rta cabinets? Essex or Dover?
I'm looking into this brand as suggested by a previous...
happyallison
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™