citalopram for Depression

dexx215December 25, 2005

I have just been prescribed Citalopram (Cilexa) 20mg for depression. Anybody else take this drug? After where it says "20 mg" it says (Base Equiv). Does this just mean it's a generic?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
michelle_s_phxaz

Citalopram is the generic for Celexa. I don't take it, so I am not familiar with it, but here is a link to Celexa information.

Bookmark   December 28, 2005 at 8:27PM
quirk

"base equivelant" is just a way of measuring the dose of active ingredient. Say, for example, you were talking about salt (sodium chloride) but only cared about how much sodium you were getting. You could either express the dose as the total weight of the sodium chloride, or as just the weight of the sodium part. Base equivalent is if they are only talking about the sodium part. Or, in your case, the drug part. It is just a description of the dosage measurement, it doesn't have anything to do with whether or not it is generic.

Bookmark   December 29, 2005 at 4:51PM
zwoddle

I have been on Celexa for 5 years now, I was taking 40 mg but as time went on I got down to 20 mg and this summer decided to try to get off them. I cut back but after 4 or 5 days I realized I souldn't have and I am still off work. I just created problems for myslef and I am back up to 40 mg and I am back to pushing myself to get out of bed and do something. Good luck and hope you feel better soon.
Val

Bookmark   January 2, 2006 at 1:43AM
More Discussions
L-dopa Rx replacement for RLS anyone?
Anyone have RLS (restless leg syndrome)? I have been...
vieja_gw
incisional hernia
Have you had hernia surgery with mesh placed? I am...
sasha7
Right side chest pain only at night when sleeping
Hi Everyone, I've done some research, and have found...
SconsinKid
Anyone heard of Ageless Xtra?
Hi everyone, I usually post and lunk on the decorating...
customdecorator
Post Pregnancy Joint Pain & Muscle Stiffness
Wondering if others have experienced joint pain and...
Audlee
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™