backsplash ideas - difficult decision

llagerloMarch 19, 2011

Hi everyone - I am new to posting on this site, but have been checking in regularly for kitchen renovation ideas and photos, which have been invaluable. We are nearing the end of a kitchen renovation, which so far has been a breeze and has turned out exactly as we envisioned. We went with Brookhaven raised Pelham Manor antique white cabinets and Uba Tuba granite for the countertops. We have stainless appliances. We kept our brazillian cherry hardwood floors as well as hardware with the original kitchen. The result is a very warm, traditional looking kitchen. The most difficult decision so far is the tile backsplash. I don't want flashy or glitzy and am looking for understated. It is a straight run of tile (no oven hood). I would like to incorporate a little bit of glass tile (maybe in the sage green family to pull out the subtle undertones in the granite) for a "pop" factor, but not too much. Any and all suggestions are welcome!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
buehl

If you haven't already, I suggest posting this on the "Discussions" side of Kitchens. This is the "Conversations" side that's for off-topic, general conversation types of topics. The Discussions side of Kitchens is for on-topic discussions concerning kitchen remodels. You will most likely get many more responses over there.

Good luck!

Bookmark   March 21, 2011 at 4:48PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
llagerlo

Thank you for your suggestion. I was starting to wonder about that, but thankfully at the same time, I was able to make a decision on the backsplash. I will remember your suggestion for the future - thank you for your response.

Bookmark   March 22, 2011 at 9:55PM
More Discussions
Strategies for washing dishes in a large single sink vs double sink
Hi all, We have in our plans to get a large (33 inch)...
ontariomom
KitchenCraft - will they last a lifetime?
Fell in love with a specific painted door when cruising...
lookintomyeyes83
Support for vintage double drainboard sink?
I'm planning my kitchen remodel now and have a question...
mccb1
Specific stacked upper cab questions
I'm looking for input as I get closer to finalizing...
melis918
Gap between backsplash and over-the-range microwave?
Hi, all. Does anyone have an over-the-range microwave...
hjs
Sponsored Products
Virtu ED-30060-WMSQ-ES-001 60 Espresso Dual Sink Vanity with Faucet
Blue Bath
Somertile Victorian Hex Matte White With Black Dot Porcelain Mosaic Tiles (Pack
Overstock.com
8" Solid Copper Wall Tile with Grapevines Design - Antique Copper Patina
Signature Hardware
Avanity Brentwood 61-in. Double Vanity - New Walnut Finish - BRENTWOOD-VS61-NW-A
Hayneedle
Austin Harbor Gray Paint Shaker Kitchen Cabinet Sample
CliqStudios Cabinets
31" Granite Vanity Top for Vessel Sink
Signature Hardware
SomerTile 10.25x11.75-in Victorian Hex 1-in White Porcelain Mosaic Tile (Pack of
Overstock.com
Austin Carbon Black Paint Shaker Kitchen Cabinet Sample
CliqStudios Cabinets
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™