Help with placing Advantium!!!

pat-2008March 15, 2008

OK, I'm buying cabinets today from Lowe's and I just discovered that the Advantium (27" width) needs 21.5" depth. The only place we can fit this thing (which I really want) is in an upper cabinet, and the line runs 57". We were getting a 27" microwave cabinet for the Advantium and a 30" cabinet (both 12" depth). This isn't going to work, and the KD didn't notice! If I put an oven cabinet there with 2 15" cabinets on either side, will this look ok? Can someone give me advice quickly? The sale ends today. Oh, and I really don't want to give up the counter space...

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
debbie_2008

what model # oven are you getting?

Bookmark   March 15, 2008 at 4:36PM
raynag

Pat, we just installed the Advantium 120 in a microwave cabinet that sits catty-corner on our counter. I think the contractor mumbled something about having to cut out the back of the cabinet so the Advantium's bumped out back would fit...but here it is.

Still trying to figure the damn thing out - except for the microwave function, which is a no brainer. Hopefully, this coming week I will be able to experiment with the speedcook function or the just plain convection.

Bookmark   March 23, 2008 at 6:28PM
rachelrachel

If you posted this same question to the Discussions side you would get dozens of responses to this issue. The Conversations side is for non-kitchen topics. Good luck.

Bookmark   March 24, 2008 at 8:04AM
pat-2008

Thank you all, especially the corner idea. Wish I could do but not enough space. We opted for below the cabinet - I hope we like it there!

Thanks for the tip about posting in Discussions. I'm new to this site and accidentally posted here!

Bookmark   April 3, 2008 at 7:01AM
More Discussions
Two toned kitchen love em or hate em?
I am loosing my mind. I originally wanted a dark shaker...
abick2
New to Kitchens? Read Me First!
Welcome! If you are new to the Kitchens Forum, you...
buehl
Any reason not to do runnels in marble?
I'm still working on my sink and countertop decisions....
crl_
Closet pantry or not?
I am doing a reno of our kitchen and wanted to get...
abbabug
Need help with kitchen layout
Looking for ideas. I think the island is too big at...
cinnamon01
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™