Prevenza Hardwood - Old World Collection

kellyh_2010September 27, 2013

Hi,
Has anyone used Provenza engineered hardwood? I'm looking specifically at the Old World collection in Weathered Ash but would love any feedback on company and quality as a whole.

I've also looked at Hallmark and Royal Oak but Provenza has the color that best works with the rest of our house. I also love the Du Chateau but have ruled that out due to our active (kids, dogs) and not overly careful lifestyle.

Thanks!!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Owl19

Hi there,

We put provenza weathered oak in our new custom home by the beach. Now, just one month later, it is splintering at the edges on several planks. Not sure if it was a bad install, our proximity to the beach or what. Thus far, we vacuum everyday & use murphys oil soap a coulple times a week. I was actually googling how best to clean this floor and found your post. The flooring is really beautiful & comes with a 25 yr residential warranty. Hopefully they will replace the damaged planks without a fight. Fingers crossed!

Bookmark   October 20, 2013 at 1:40AM
kellyh_2010

Thanks Owl, and I'm sorry to hear about your floors. If you get a chance, would you mind posting a picture of your room with the floors. I've been searching but have not seen too many.

Keep me posted about their customer service too! I hope it gets resolved quickly.

Bookmark   October 21, 2013 at 5:27PM
boododgers

Hi Kellyh, you sent me a message about my floors that we just installed. I absolutely love them and the gal that helped me find them. I tried to send you a private message to call or email me, so we can talk about it more. I'm attaching another picture to remind you what they look like. Let me know if you would still like some information on them.

Bookmark   October 27, 2013 at 11:53PM
polkadotz

Owl19, do you still like your floors? I'm considering the Heirloom collection in London or the Old World collection in Desert Haze. Did you end up replacing the splintered planks?

Bookmark   June 21, 2014 at 5:50PM
More Discussions
Bamboo Floor Disaster
Hi, I got new bamboo floors when I renovated my NYC...
katefriedmann
Any experience with BellaCera hardwood flooring and/or hickory wood?
We fell in love with a hickory hardwood in their line,...
happyallison
3/8 vs 1/2 inch thick engineered hardwood for staple down installation
We are trying to decide between two similar engineered...
chellefnp
Chinese Hardwood Flooring - After Lumber Liquidators & 60 Minutes
Wondering how folks are now feeling about buying imported...
Ken Fisher
Matte or shiny hardwood floors...what's your preference?
We are going to sand and refinish our floors. What...
jtaime2
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™