Pergo XP vs Allure Resilient Plank Flooring

hkflorence21September 27, 2012

Hi Everyone!

I own a home on a concrete slab and want to pull up the existing carpet to replace with either pergo xp hand sawn oak or allure mellow wood resilient plank flooring. I'm wondering if you have reviews or opinions on either product or can help me make a decision about which would be a better choice.... or if I should go with something else entirely. Also, do I put both of those down directly over the concrete slab??? Thank you so much for your help!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
hags00

I just finishd laying 1500 sq ft of floating floors over my concrete slab. Laminate and Marmoleum Click.

I have also laid Allure.

Allure is vinyl so doesn't need a vapor barrier over concrete, Pergo XP has a wood based core do it does. XP has attached underlayment so your vapor barrier can be inexpensive 6 mil plastic.

Allure Mellow Wood is a grip system, not quite as easy as a locking system like Pergo has. I didn't find the Allure particularly hard to lay once I got started but they claim you can "ungrip" it and reposition it if you don't get it perfect and I found that hard to do. I think they have new Allure floors with a locking system now.

Pergo is a step up in my mind in quality and realistic looking floors. It is also substantially thicker. I live in a cold climate so that was a priority to me, getting off my slab.

I've had my Allure down for 18 months with no issues, it wears well and cleans up well.

My laminate has only been down a couple weeks but I like the look and the feel of it. Attached is a picture of the laminate.

Bookmark   September 28, 2012 at 5:41PM
More Discussions
LVP Underlayment
Hello all. Like everyone here I am in the middle of...
ryancoc22
Tiling on Cement Subfloor or Wood Subfloor?
I live in San Francisco and we are not near any water...
gqchynaboy
We might replace our wood floor with new....
I have 20yr old hardwood floor in our foyer. It is...
cindywhitall
Review on Taun wood
Has anyone used Taun wood for flooring? We are looking...
itspepsico
has anyone put down oiled wood floors?
i fell in love with floors by a company called DuChateau....
Bridget Helm
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™