Red painted cabinets

corky1February 18, 2006

We're redoing our 1907 farm house kitchen. The cabinet's plywood doors are a slap style but now DH has built shaker style doors and has done quite a nice job of it I must say. I've tried to stain the new doors to match the present stain on the cabinet box but since we now have three different wood types (fir, pine, maple) I've given up on doing that well. I can paint the cabinets white and play it safe but I have a wild hair about painting them a Shaker New England red color. Has anyone painted their entire kitchen cabinets in any other color than white or cream ? Is the paint from the Shaker wood shop a good quality paint ? Thanks !

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
starpooh

Hi corky1 -

You may get a better response if you repost your question in the Discussions section of the forum. (This post is in the Conversations area.)
Link to Discussions section

Anyhow, there's a current thread about red cabinets that you can check out in the meantime.

Here is a link that might be useful: Anyone with barn-red cabinets and need opinions

Bookmark   February 19, 2006 at 11:20AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
corky1

Thank you for the info starpooh. I didn't realize I had posted on the conversation section : ( I took a peek at your kitchen remodel on your member page and it is BEAUTIFUL !

Bookmark   February 20, 2006 at 8:04PM
More Discussions
am I being too picky?
Ok, is my perfectionism is out of control..... I bought...
bicyclegirl1
New to Kitchens? Read Me First!
Welcome! If you are new to the Kitchens Forum, you...
buehl
37" or 30" cooktop?
I was planning on a 30" induction cooktop which...
12crumbles
Conestoga people, how did you do glass cabs? They don't do glass?
We were getting an estimate for some bar cabinetry,...
happyallison
How do I get a rich, warm, chocolate brown stain on oak cabinets?
We originally wanted white cabinets, but the painter...
aryno
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™