Cat Allergies,

runsnwalkenDecember 21, 2008

I was wondering If you are a cat owner who decides to leave your cats at your parents home( for moral and safety reasons - to people,cats and property that does not belong to you) and you move in with someone who is allergic to cats, and you visit your cats at your parents on weekends every now and then. Could you give the suffer allergies by coming home from being with your cat. You know on clothing/ect.

Just wondering.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
suetx

I'm not a cat owner, but am very allergic to cats. My daughter's roommate has two cats which drives me crazy after being in her apartment for about 15 minutes. She now has a puppy that she brings over to visit quite often and the cat dander does come with him! I have been brushing him and wiping him down with a damp wipe to help. Even so, if I don't wash my hands and get them near my eyes, look out! I also know that anything that has been around the cat and hasn't been washed, etc. will bother me. Especially fabrics. I know she can never move home with her furniture now! Good Luck.

Bookmark   December 21, 2008 at 4:25PM
agnespuffin

It really depends on HOW allergic a person is. I had problems with one that lived in the house. It had to become an outdoor cat. However, visiting someone home for a few hours gives me very little trouble.

Extremely allegic? Yes, even being around someone that has been holding a cat can be bothersome.

Bookmark   December 21, 2008 at 5:33PM
carla35

Yes, you could pass along cat allergens.

Bookmark   December 25, 2008 at 1:19AM
runsnwalken

Okay, See I have two cats and mild Autism and will be moving into a group home in like 5+ years I hoped that by picking a placement with some buddy who has allergies I wouldn't be supporting cats in group homes- which I'm against because most cats in those suitations end up on really poor diets and de clawed- not to mention possible abuse from some buddy who is retarded,mentally ill or something.

Thanks

Bookmark   December 29, 2008 at 8:53PM
More Discussions
Suggest a remedy for chapped hand and breaking of nails
I am a working lady and my work is mostly on computer....
kalifa
Vitamin D makes my hip ache.....
Has anyone had this to happen? When I try to research...
lovemrmewey
Anyone heard of Ageless Xtra?
Hi everyone, I usually post and lunk on the decorating...
customdecorator
Post Pregnancy Joint Pain & Muscle Stiffness
Wondering if others have experienced joint pain and...
Audlee
Relentless Night Cough/Post Nasal Drip
Hello, I am desperately seeking information/advice...
loriellen
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™