Canadian prescription drugs

Helen317December 31, 2003

Does anyone have any info. about ordering prescription drugs from Canada? I will be on Medicare in March and will no longer have prescription insurance. I'm investigating options. Helen

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
yellowhair

Sorry, but I don't have any info on this. Besides, I thought that this was banned, or something. I don't know if you'd be interested in this or not, but there's a site on the web where you can get some prescription drugs for like ---$ 5.00--(at least, that's what they say)---just type in "free prescription drugs" and you should be able to find it. I think you have to send in 5 bucks for each prescription and they send a letter to your doctor.

Bookmark   January 4, 2004 at 11:56PM
Helen317

Thanks, Yellowhair. Guess I won't try to start a discussion on this topic as ordering Canadian drugs may not be technically legal.

Bookmark   January 8, 2004 at 12:42PM
candler

I handle matters for a relative. One drug is $157 for 30 pills (one a day). I went on GOOGLE and got a Canadian toll free number from an advertiser. I talked to them. For $121.00 I can get 60 pills. There's no generic and I asked twice if it was the identical drug I purchased in the U.S. The person said yes. They said nothing about new laws or restrictions. I've heard these are being kicked around but have not been implemented. QUESTIION: I feel uneasy that the drug may not be the same although I was told it was. If anyone has had ordering experience I'd certainly like to hear from them. Thanks.

Bookmark   January 8, 2004 at 2:39PM
Helen317

Candler, if you go to the AARP.com message boards, you'll find some informative discussions there on Canadian drugs. Good luck!

Bookmark   January 10, 2004 at 7:30PM
weed30

Please also investigate each drug manufacturer's website. Many have free drug programs for those who can't afford it. I looked into this for my mom, who was on Coumadin. You can also ask your doctor for as many free samples as he/she can give you. Some docs are very sympathetic and will help all they can.

Bookmark   January 11, 2004 at 10:47AM
More Discussions
Tennis Elbow
Was just dx with a tennis elbow...Besides taking the...
anicee
Chronic Chapped Lips
I have NEVER had lips that weren't chapped ever since...
ms_minnamouse
Generic Advair?
It is so expensive and my insurance doesn't cover any...
wertach zone 7-B SC
Right side chest pain only at night when sleeping
Hi Everyone, I've done some research, and have found...
SconsinKid
itchy skin eczema?
I have been itching and scratching since the end of...
alanis
Sponsored Products
Spot on Square | Roh Nightstand
YLiving.com
Spot on Square | Roh Dresser
YLiving.com
Bath Authority DreamLine SlimLine Double Threshold Shower Base (32" by 32")
Modern Bathroom
Tu-B Wall Sconce by Zaneen
$770.40 | Lumens
Americh International Emperor Freestanding Bathtub - White (60" x 28" x 30")
Modern Bathroom
Kubik Rectangular Wall Sconce by Zaneen
$355.68 | Lumens
Mac Motion Relax-R Red Bonded Leather Swivel Glider Recliner with Ottoman
Beyond Stores
Mac Motion Relax-R Fawn (Tan) Fabric Swivel Glider Recliner with Ottoman
Beyond Stores
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™