kitchen table forum vs conversations side of kitchens forum

cat_momFebruary 8, 2007

How is the Kitchen Table forum different from the conversations side of the Kitchen forum? How/where is it found?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Gina_W

Many forums have a conversations side, for off-topic conversations among the participants of the "discussion" side. So you are conversing with folks you already know from that particular forum.

The "Kitchen Table" has nothing to do with kitchens. It is a catch-all forum for all kinds of general conversations, and it has its own group of core participants. You can find it from the menu of all the Home Forums.

Bookmark   February 8, 2007 at 7:33PM
fairegold

I think you'll find that the Kitchen Table is a fun diversion. Like Gina said, nothing to do with kitchens, but it's a nice group who share lots of things, from family and work, to cars or sharing fun websites or games or whatever. Just like visiting with some old friends.

Gina's right, that most forums have their own flavor, and you know most of the people who frequent them. But the KT forum is like a group of friends who just enjoy each other's company.

Here is a link that might be useful: Kitchen Table

Bookmark   February 8, 2007 at 8:29PM
cat_mom

Thanks! I'll have to check it out. With any luck, I'll resist for tonight (ha! Like that'll happen!). I've got some stuff to do, and some shows to watch on TV! :-)

Bookmark   February 8, 2007 at 8:53PM
mtnwomanbc

I first came to GW several years ago by hanging out at the KT. I had lunch with one of the members when I was in SoCal on a trip, and I participated in a holiday gift exchange.

I got caught up in real-life stuff for a few years, but then made it back to GW, but now mostly on the Kitchens forum while I prepare to rip out my kitchen. :)

KT really is a very supportive gathering/community/catch-all gab fest. I recognize many names there from several years ago. Enjoy!

Bookmark   February 12, 2007 at 2:37AM
rhizo_1 (North AL) zone 7

As a Kitchen Table regular, I can promise that you'll be very comfortable and welcomed. It's a wonderful mixed bag of personalities, and like all big family gatherings, there will be times when you'll just shake your head and roll your eyes. Great fun.

C'mon over!

Bookmark   February 9, 2015 at 6:26PM
blfenton

I second rhizo's comments. First place I go every morning for Jasdip's trivia quiz.

Bookmark   February 9, 2015 at 7:34PM
cat_mom

Wow, so weird seeing an old post like this one pop back up out of the blue! I often lurk on KT and have posted there on occasion, as well.

Lively group over on KT!

Bookmark   February 9, 2015 at 7:54PM
More Discussions
Help with rough, ugly laminate counter edges
Hello, we recently put in new laminate countertops...
Elizabeth Loparco
Do you like your Viscont White granite counters?
Like so many others, I lust over Calcutta gold marble...
Nan57
Conestoga people, how did you do glass cabs? They don't do glass?
We were getting an estimate for some bar cabinetry,...
happyallison
Walnut slab for island with sink
We are building a home and I am considering using a...
sherry0117
Help with kitchen mat-awkward area. Custom?
What we would ideally like is a mat with a 45 degree...
akl_vdb
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™