Tooth pull and on blood thinner

catlady15December 16, 2004

does anyone know if they can pull my tooth because i have been up all nite with two of teeth hurting so so bad.I am on blood thinner and a aspirn a day.Can they pull them .I need help today.I am already on antibodic and pain med and nothing helps.I am in alot of pain.Thanks Judy

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jenn

Judy, my dad has to take a blood thinner but he was asked not to take it for a day or so before he had back surgery. I think you may be able to not take it just for today.... ask your dentist and also your doctor who prescribes the blood thinner -- don't just take my word for it.

Jen

Bookmark   December 16, 2004 at 2:59PM
Gina_W

I might be too late - but Judy, I take blood thinners too. Ask your dentist what he recommends. They are very familiar with the situation as many folks take blood thinners. I've had dental work done with no problem. Dentists have local bleed-reduction stuff. But tooth pulling may be more bleeding than they want you to go through. Call your dentist and ask. He or she may want to check with your physician about your specifics also.

Bookmark   December 20, 2004 at 6:06PM
catlady15

i wanted to thank everone for their time.i turned out noone wanted to touch me unless i went in the hospital and came off blood thinner 5 days before they did any thing.i have been in LOTS of pain.So now my heart dr took me off and kept me on a aspirn and now i can start my teeth work,but i am trying to decide to try to keep my top teeth or just have them pulled and put false ones in.i have nothing but teeth aches all the time.i have several just broke off to the gum,they are very soft.one dentist told me she would if she was me just pull all that is left and use a plate [false] for the top,than my medical dr said let them replace the broken ones with a tooth that they use a screw to place in there.the brokens ares are what they call my eye teeth,or vein teeth.so i will have to decide.but i keep a tooth ache and it hurts to eat anything.seems all the nerves are on the tips of all my teeth.judy

Bookmark   January 28, 2005 at 10:27AM
Jonesy

My husband had oral surgery and was told not to take aspirin for a few days before.

Bookmark   January 30, 2005 at 11:50PM
More Discussions
Anyone have a hiatal hernia, need advice?
I have constant pain in my diaphram and I read on a...
love2sew
Vitamin D makes my hip ache.....
Has anyone had this to happen? When I try to research...
lovemrmewey
shingles
i've been told if i don't move around so much that...
brightmoregirl
HEARING AIDS SUGGESTIONS/EXPERIENCES
Need at least one hearing aid. Dr recommends type...
Robert Givens
Does anyone else have a problem with Dental X-Rays?
I am wondering if it's just me or if anyone else has...
Judith
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™