facial hair with Rogaine use

carolj79December 17, 2007

Hi, I am 49 yr. old woman and have been using Rogaine now off and on for about 10 yrs. The results are not so great. I still have patches of thin hair in areas of the crown and sides of my head. I only use it once/day as instructed by a dermatologist many years ago. I have a great deal of peach fuzz on my face which seems to have showed up with the Rogaine use. The facial hair started just along my jawline but has now crept in toward my cheekbone area and it's quite noticeable. I am considering stopping the use of the Rogaine since results aren't very good and the facial hair looks horrible. Anyone with same problem or solution? Thank you all very much!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
bud_wi

I've never used Rogaine, but like many women in menopause, I started growing peach fuzz. The fuzz may not be from the Rogaine use and may have appeared anyway at this time in your life. I am of the understanding that Rogaine is not sytemic. What does the doctor who prescribes it to you say about the fuzz problem?

Luckily peach fuzz doesn't leave stubble with electric razor use. :) I can't have laser removal because my hair is blond. If your hair is dark and you are considering laser removal do so BEFORE your facial hair turns gray or else you cannot have it done. A friend of mine found this out too late.

Bookmark   December 31, 2007 at 12:32AM
More Discussions
incisional hernia
Have you had hernia surgery with mesh placed? I am...
sasha7
shingles
i've been told if i don't move around so much that...
brightmoregirl
Post Pregnancy Joint Pain & Muscle Stiffness
Wondering if others have experienced joint pain and...
Audlee
Blood pressure cuffs in the hospital
I was in the ER a couple of times for pain in my knee,...
emma
Generic Advair?
It is so expensive and my insurance doesn't cover any...
wertach zone 7-B SC
Sponsored Products
Atlantis Tubs 4270PAL Petite 42 x 70 x 23 - Inch Oval Air Jetted Bathtub w/ Left
Beyond Stores
Wild Mannered Luxury Long Hair Faux Fur 58x60 Lap Throw
Overstock.com
Lux Pet Crate Mattress
$79.00 | FRONTGATE
Avanity Windsor 24" Vanity with Countertop - Walnut
Modern Bathroom
Boticelli Chrome Two-Light 30-Inch High Wall Bracket with Clear Glass
$418.00 | Bellacor
Jewelry Flacon High - Menu A/S
$39.95 | HORNE
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™