pot rack over island ?

arbryFebruary 15, 2012

I am a long time lurker who has lusted over all the lovely kitchens that are posted. After 18 years we are doing a kitchen remodel. I currently have an island which I will be updating. I have always wanted a pot rack over the island. My question is for the people that have done this is it something you use or is it a dust collector? Would you do it again? And could you post a picture of your island and pot rack and how it is lighted? I have yet to see pendant lighting that I really like and we are going to start tearing out the ceiling and planning the lighting soon. Thanks for any advice.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
debrak_2008

If you are still looking for help post on the discussions side of this forum.

Bookmark   March 12, 2012 at 8:40AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
bessebo53

Hi,
I cannot supply a picture of a pot rack over an island as when we built our island years ago, we didn't think it was practical, especially from a lighting scenario. We ended up swagging a line from the original electrical box that was over our kitchen since the island was not in the exact same location.
With an island and the additional storage you just might find that a pot rack is not needed and there is plenty of room for your pots and pans in the island cabinet. We also know others who felt that their pot rack was a waste for them.

Best,
Bob

Bookmark   March 17, 2012 at 6:07PM
More Discussions
The Kitchen Designer Landscape
There seems to be a few scenarios out there. Some I...
denizenx
Where to keep my oil near cooktop
So I am in the layout phase and trying to figure out...
Dietitian
Those tall coil spring type faucets: Hard to clean?
Like this: http://ak1.ostkcdn.com/images/products/6382868/Residential-Coil-Spring-Brushed-Nickel-Faucet-f8de8fec-40cb-4993-a19b-7903391cc178_600.jpg (How...
raenjapan
What could cause this cracking?
Hi all, I purchased white painted cabinets from a mid-range...
sstrazisar
Anyone bought a sink from www.seamlesssinks.com?
http://www.seamlesssink.com/ledge-galley-sinks.html much...
Dietitian
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™