Hair Dandruff & Dry

rosabearrDecember 14, 2008

What works to make it health again

I have short curly hair.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
iloveexercise

Different products work different for everybody,so you may have to try a few before you find one that works for you.

Start with like,Head and Shoulders,Neutragena T-gel,or Selsun blue.If that still doesnt work you may have another problem like Seborrheic Dermatitis and should consult a dermatologist.

Bookmark   December 17, 2008 at 2:06AM
devorah

I tried all of the products that the previous poster mentioned but the dandruff didn't clear up until I used Nizoral. It was a little more expensive than the others, but not all that much and I don't have to use it very often to maintain the results. I found it at Fred Meyer, but imagine it is at most drug stores.

Bookmark   December 17, 2008 at 1:51PM
cadaver

T-Gel was/is the only product that has worked for me. Something to do with the ingredient coal tar.

Bookmark   December 18, 2008 at 3:25PM
rosabearr

I when to Neurogena website they had a special page to help choose the best product for my hair. I got One with Necutar and coal tar. My hair is much better now.

Bookmark   December 21, 2008 at 10:56PM
yayagal

Start by drinking more water and making sure your living quarters have the right moisture level. Try to use warm but not hot water when shampooing. The hot water dries out the pores. Tegrin is very good for both dandruff and dryness. Work on the dandruff first, eliminate that and then you can use a good moisturizing shampoo and conditioner after the dandruff is settled. Make sure your hair is completely rinsed thoroughly. Any residue makes it worse.

Bookmark   December 26, 2008 at 9:06AM
AnnaTaylor56

There are many products which are available for dandruff. I would suggest to use minoxidil 15 for better health of hair and it also help to reduce dandruff and keep your hair stylish.

Bookmark   May 6, 2013 at 3:19AM
soniabhardwaj

Yes you are right that Different products work different for everybody,so you may have to try a few before you find one that works for you. Start with like,Head and Shoulders,Neutragena T-gel,or Selsun blue.If that still doesnt work you may have another problem like Seborrheic Dermatitis and should consult a dermatologist.

Here is a link that might be useful: Building Material Testing Lab  Â

Bookmark   May 20, 2013 at 2:15AM
emma

I have a scalp problem instead of a hair problem. My dermatologist prescribed cloebetasol lotion. That is the only thing that helped. I have used it for a couple of years now and it doesn't help anymore. It now causes the same problems I want to control. I think that is called "rebounding". I believe my scalp problem is due to a side effect of unknowingly taking a PPI for 4 months. Sometimes side effect from meds do not go away when you quit taking them.

Bookmark   May 20, 2013 at 12:47PM
skelop

hi rosabearr here best hair herbs for healthy hair

Here is a link that might be useful: HAIR HERBS FOR HEALTHY HAIR

Bookmark   May 20, 2013 at 7:18PM
More Discussions
The importance of biometrics in healthcare
Source: www.blogiritech.com The healthcare system,...
iritechinc
Blood pressure cuffs in the hospital
I was in the ER a couple of times for pain in my knee,...
emma
shingles
i've been told if i don't move around so much that...
brightmoregirl
Chronic tonsillitis after mono?
Hi everyone, My almost 20 year old daughter had mono...
catherinet
question about anesthetic during hip replacement...
Hi all - I'm having a total hip replacement in August...
Vicki_IL
Sponsored Products
Linon Round Seat 24 in. Backless Counter Stool - 98100NAT-01-KD
$38.99 | Hayneedle
Indoor Area Rug: Thomaspaul Yellow/Cream 5' x 7' 6"
Home Depot
Small Wood Shoe Storage Box
$29.50 | FRONTGATE
Fitzgerald Loveseat - Bentley Daisey Yellow
Joybird Furniture
Indoor Area Rug: Royal Green 7' 9" x 10' 6"
Home Depot