Attention all floor fanatics

darrahSeptember 15, 2012

Sorry for the way I presented the subject but if I had typed in "congoleum" I'm not so sure my question would have gotten much attention.

We will be starting a reno next year and I have gone back and forth in my mind regarding flooring for my kitchen. We live in the country, so red clay dirt is an issue. We plan to do some landscaping that will help take care of that problem but cannot avoid the dirt completely.

My present flooring, congoleum, has "dimples" and catches the dirt, making it difficult to clean. But it isn't hard underfoot, or cold in the winter, doesn't swell with change in seasons, doesn't show scratches, doesn't stain easily from tomato sauce, and I don't have to sell the farm in order to afford it so it seems to be the best way to go.

Does anyone have congoleum that is "smooth" therefore making it easy to clean? The last congoleum update we made which was about two years ago in our bathroom had small grooves through out so once again the dirt settles into the dents. Thanks for any suggestions.

More Discussions
Has anyone purchased from value floors direct?
Has anyone purchased flooring from value floors direct? I...
willintotry
Un-level kitchen and associated issues...
So my wife and I just finished a renovation of our...
hundredwaters
Water-based finish over dark stained floors?
Hi all, Folks are about to start flooring work on my...
afrochic2
Review on Taun wood
Has anyone used Taun wood for flooring? We are looking...
itspepsico
Has anyone used Smartcore Floors from Lowes
Hi, we're looking for something that we can put over...
amoore1205
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™