Reasons for getting shocked?

NikeNovember 11, 2004

I was wondering if anyone ever has this same problem that I do. I am constantly getting shocked on things at work. It's very frustrating. I work in a medical office (on tile floor), but am constantly getting shocked on everything from our filing cabinet to our stainless steel table to our anesthesia machine. I am in scrubs with socks and my Nike or Adidas cross training shoes. I've tried different shoes. What else could it be?

I used to get shocked daily on my old car at my past job and I also would get shocked at that old office, but that's understandable since I was on carpet all day.

It's even worse when I go to Las Vegas because I get shocked on everything left and right. I've once had someone tell me that it's the mineral content in my body that's causing it. I'm pretty careful about not dragging my feet when I walk and such. Help?!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
joann23456

Here is an article on this subject. Seems like it's a good idea to carry a key with you to discharge static electricity.

Here is a link that might be useful: stop getting shocked

    Bookmark   November 12, 2004 at 12:09AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Vickey__MN

I have this problem all the time. Don't know why. I even have a plastic thingy under my chair that is suppose to be anti-static. It's a common joke around here that I have a "shocking" personality. I do carry keys with me and use them to touch something before I touch it with my hand. It helps, but I still get shocked when I forget. I couldn't find any help on the web. If you do, please let me know too!

Vickey-MN

    Bookmark   November 12, 2004 at 10:28AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lazy_gardens

Make sure you are wearing all-cotton underwear.

    Bookmark   November 13, 2004 at 4:28PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sammy zone 7 Tulsa

Joann, that link is good, but it does not emphasize that once you are out of the car and filling up gas, don't get back inside the car until you are through. With the nozzle in your tank, if you slide out of the car and touch it, you can catch on fire. It has happened.

Our Safety guy at school told us about the above, and also said that a cell phone by a gas pump could start a fire. That has never happened according to him, but it could. And I think it is even having the cell phone on. He told us to turn it off and leave it in the car.

Sammy

    Bookmark   November 17, 2004 at 9:42PM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
I have RLS (Restless Leg syndrome) .... anyone else taking this drug ?
Anyone suffering with Restless Leg syndrome? I have...
vieja_gw
Blood pressure cuffs in the hospital
I was in the ER a couple of times for pain in my knee,...
emma
Anyone have a hiatal hernia, need advice?
I have constant pain in my diaphram and I read on a...
love2sew
HEARING AIDS SUGGESTIONS/EXPERIENCES
Need at least one hearing aid. Dr recommends type...
Robert Givens
Sponsored Products
Chemist's Floor Lamp, Antique Brass
Cost Plus World Market
The Windy City Chicago Personalized Canvas
$36.99 | zulily
New Kashan Shine Red Pure Silk Hand Knotted Medallion Oriental Rug H607
BH Sun Inc
Pastel Devon Coast Round Wood Dining Table in Distressed Cherry
Beyond Stores
Marco Leather Wing Chair - BROWN
$2,899.00 | Horchow
Modern Tiffany Blue Glass Beside Table Lamps
ParrotUncle
Eastwood Leather Armless Sofa - Brighton Zinc Beige
Joybird Furniture
Worldwide Lighting Chandeliers Maria Theresa Collection 84-Light Chrome and
Home Depot
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™