Hardwood in closet - Opinions please!

Madeline616September 12, 2011

Hello,

New to the flooring forums, I spend most of my time in Kitchens!

I had a little flooding incident last night, left the bathtub running and got some seepage into the adjoining bedroom and closet. All are on the first floor of a home built on a slab.

Crazy, because tomorrow I was supposed to have the bedroom carpets ripped up and Brazilian walnut hardwood floors put in. Thank God for the timing, otherwise the floors would've been damaged.

Anyway, the setup up is such that my bathroom is between my closet (8 x 13) and my bedroom. To get from the bedroom to the closet, you walk through the bathroom.

The bathroom flooring is large travertine tiles, the closet, obviously, carpet, and the bedroom about to be Brazilian walnut.

Now that this has happened, I asked the flooring store for a quote on putting hardwood in the closet and it's pretty reasonable (this isn't an insurance claim.)

So, anyone with opinions on the look based on the space description, pros, cons, etc? Thoughts on whether it would be an added plus for resale?

Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Floortech

Yes Hardwood in the closet is the choice that I and most buyers would prefer. However it is you who must be pleased!

Bookmark   September 12, 2011 at 9:52PM
Cindyloo123

I'd be happy with anything other than carpet in the closet. That includes tile, laminate, or hardwood. My first choice would be tile, since I might walk into the closet while wet from the shower, but hardwood would be very nice too.

Bookmark   September 13, 2011 at 2:37AM
Madeline616

Thank you both for your responses. Hardwood it is!! Funny how a stressful flood has led me to a great decision I never would've imagined before. I think it will be beautiful.

Thanks again!

Bookmark   September 14, 2011 at 6:34AM
More Discussions
Tigerwood Flooring - if you have it would you do it again
We are considering putting in Tigerwood flooring. We...
snowcamp
floor refinishing question...how long does it really take?
I am looking at getting my floor refinished. It is...
cindywhitall
Need advice. Subway tile on uneven kneewall
So I was kinda pissed off when I walked into my bathroom...
Michael Coates
How many different types of floors are ok in a house?
We currently have one type of hardwood in the formal...
emma018
Best flooring for dog who doesn't 'hold it'
Hello Everyone- I am moving into a new house. The house...
krylander
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™