Beadboard or Shaker style?

Gusto1100February 16, 2012

We are in the process of choosing our kitchen cabinets and I just can't seem to make any decisions. I live in a beach town and really wanted a crisp, bright and airy feeling kitchen. The problem is with 4 small children, my husband has outlawed white cabinets. I have to compromise. I was thinking Maple as an alternative but decided against that because of the yellowing. We have agreed on natural cherry but he is done making decisions and now it is all up to me :) My current contenders are the Shiloh Wyatt in cherry inset or we have a much better price on the KM Brookfield Cherry or Putnam Cherry in full overlay. I was thinking that the beadboard gives it a beachy feel but I worry that it will be hard to clean, look too busy, and is a little trendy right now and I might get sick of it in a few years. We have a 100 year old Monson Maine slate sink that we plan to incorporate, any suggestions for counters? I love white carrera marble but heard it doesn't hold up. Also looking at the GE induction slide in range but not sure it is worth the money. Any help will be greatly appreciated!! Thanks.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ashef

Gusto, you should re-post your question over on the Discussions side of the kitchen forum, you'll get a lot more people seeing your post. And you'll get a lot of replies. This is "Conversations" for off-topic stuff.

Bookmark   February 18, 2012 at 9:21PM
More Discussions
Undermount sink keeps separating from granite
We recently had granite installed in our kitchen and...
stnjan
Old, Deep Cast Iron Sink or New Sink? I can't decide
Hello, would love to hear from those of you who have...
Cindy McMahon
Banquette as only dining area?
I apologize for starting a banquette thread again but...
vdinli
KitchenCraft - will they last a lifetime?
Fell in love with a specific painted door when cruising...
lookintomyeyes83
Bungalow galley kitchen layout
Hello GW'ers! I'm new to the forum and have been so...
motok1w
Sponsored Products
Aqua South Bay Beadboard Frame
$10.99 | zulily
Home Decorators Collection Bathroom Cottage 49 in. W x 22 in. D Vanity in
Home Depot
Cottage Retreat Vanity Mirror
Signature Hardware
Casey Daybed-Honey Maple Multicolor - RN643
$499.99 | Hayneedle
On-the-Wall 21-inch Spice Rack
Overstock.com