IKEA Boston outing

jfroreloFebruary 4, 2006

Boston area forum members who dicussed this in November/December. Is it finally time to revive our plans for a get together at the IKEA in Stoughton?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
paulines

Too funny, Chispa also just mentioned this. I'm up for it, did we ever decide whether a weekend, weekday or evening was better for everyone?

I'd also like to extend an invite to meet at my home and we can carpool over to IKEA (about a 15 min drive). I believe on weekends parking is still tough.

Bookmark   February 4, 2006 at 9:21AM
garden_of_darwin

There's a Meeting and Greeting forum (mostly dead -- in fact so dead I was considering giving it the AX) on the IKEA Fansite forum. You might draw a different audience if you post something there. Worth a shot! Wish I was nearby...I really enjoyed my August visit to Boston (well, 'cept for the heat!!!) !

Susan

Here is a link that might be useful: IKEA Fansite Meeting and Greeting Forum

Bookmark   February 7, 2006 at 12:02AM
chispa

I was just thinking about this a few days ago, but didn't get around to starting a post! Glad you did. I didn't copy any of the names from the old post, but I think we had around 7 people who were interested. I don't think we had reached a consensus on the best time to go!

Best days for me are Mon, Wed or Fri. I could be there just after 9:30am and would have to leave around 2:15pm. I could do other days but would need to get a sitter.

Bookmark   February 7, 2006 at 9:54AM
lori316

I'm still in.

Week days, i have to take a day out of work, which I certainly don't mind doing if the schedule permits.

Weekends are fine, but I know I'm away this coming weekend, the weekend of Feb 25-26, and March 18-19.

I may make it a little difficult to plan around with work and the kids, so if there's a date that's good for everybody else, don't let me get in the way.

Bookmark   February 7, 2006 at 10:13AM
mindstorm

Sounds like fun. However, its a busy time at work so weekday daytimes are no good for me. I can do weekday evenings including early evening by coming in early and then leaving early. Weekends are great for me.

Bookmark   February 7, 2006 at 10:44AM
kisaacs

I could maybe be in for this. Work is really busy here too, so weekdays during the day are out. Most other times I can work out. I live only about 4 miles from the IKEA, but can't speak to weekend parking as I only go when it just opened or is about to close :)

Bookmark   February 7, 2006 at 10:53AM
chispa

Well ... I'm ready to go! I would like to do a weekday first so I don't have to deal with any parking/crowd issues. Any one free on the week of 2/27, Mon, Wed or Fri?

I'll be happy to join an evening or weekend group for my second visit!

Bookmark   February 15, 2006 at 12:59PM
chispa

Hellllllo ... any one there ... I guess everyone in MA must be on February vacation! Pauline, since you offered to be our hostess, maybe you should pick a date ... any date! I promise to attend on the day you choose.
;-)

Bookmark   February 24, 2006 at 12:24PM
More Discussions
Kitchen colors....need something happy and vintage :)
I want to try to go a bit vintage with my low-dollar...
lavender_lass
almost done & sharing banquette pics
Dh and I are on the "who knows when" plan...
lawjedi
Feedback on revised kitchen layout
Hello again! After receiving some great feedback for...
kevinhoene
Compatible island hood for Whirlpool inline blower
Hi all, new poster here. I am about to renovate my...
sentron
Horizontal uppers
Has anyone designed or installed horizontal uppers...
tigger9759
Sponsored Products
Leucos | Sphera T3 Table Lamp
$247.50 | YLighting
Van Teal Alma 35" High Acrylic Table Lamp
Euro Style Lighting
INSPIRE Q Albury White Faux Leather Chair with Ottoman
Overstock.com
Cozy Cozy Chair Slipcover by Blu Dot
$49.00 | Lumens
Le Klint 172 Pendant by Le Klint
$434.40 | Lumens