Kitchen on a budget

paulabearbFebruary 22, 2011

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for hints or tips for how to rebuild a kitchen on the cheap from recycled materials.

My kitchen space is small and of strange dimensions therefore purchasing a second hand kitchen would be a nightmare so I'm trying to figure a way out of this mess :-)

I don't need storage as much as bench space, I have no bench space at the moment except for the tiny little square area next to my pokey sink :-((

Any suggestions please? Pretty please? :-))

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
buehl

Start with the design of your kitchen b/f worrying about how to do it "cheap". You say you need more work/counter space (the USA name for "bench space", I think!) So, start working on that. If you post a drawing of your space, we can help you with it.

Since you're posting here instead of on the "Discussions" side, I suspect you've not read the "Read Me" thread.

First, I would read the "Read Me" thread and then repost your questions on the "Discussions" side. (This is the "Conversations" side, used for off-topic discussions.)

Next, I would start thinking about your layout so whatever you do you get a more functional kitchen! See the "Layout Help" topic in the "Read Me" thread.

Good luck!

Here is a link that might be useful: Read Me If You're New To GW Kitchens!

Bookmark   February 24, 2011 at 1:16PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
buehl

BTW...you're probably not receiving emails of follow-up postings, even though you checked the box requesting them. This is b/c you don't have the email option turned on in your profile. See the "Read Me" thread (linked to in my previous post) for more information. Scroll down to the post with the subject "Getting Emails Sent To You...3-step Process".

Bookmark   February 24, 2011 at 1:17PM
More Discussions
Under cabinet mixer shelf
Does anyone have a built-in under cabinet mixer shelf...
ryseryse_2004
Viatera Minuet
Hello! I am about to start a kitchen remodel and I'm...
cburky
Fell in love and threw away kitchen design
Gardenweb has been my savior as I struggle through...
beachem
10 cm gap between cabinets and steel - help!
Hi all, Our kitchen designers have messed up their...
waytonc
Kitchen Cabinet pricing - what would you do?
I had had a few quotes done for my kitchen cabinets:...
petralikesyoga
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™