Naturally relieve high blood pressure

kaliyahNovember 27, 2007

I have been told that my blood pressure is getting high and they want me to get on medications. I do not want to do this. Does anyone know of anything that can help me reduce my blood pressure naturally.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
devorah

Giving up salt can really help, but I left going on meds too long and as a result, my kidneys are failing. I had no idea that could happen. My blood pressure now is tightly controlled with 3 meds, but it is too late for me to reverse the kidney damage. Don't play around with this! I hope you get good suggestions on things to try, but if they don't work, be prepared to take your meds.

Bookmark   November 27, 2007 at 11:04AM
morz8

Absolutely! Lose some weight, even 10 lbs can make a difference of several points in your blood pressure. Cut back on things high in salt and fat, like chips, bacon, sausage. Begin an exercise program, something easy you can make a daily part of your life. 20 minutes 5 times a week will help.

In the meantime, start the medication if your doctor wishes. Think of it as a temporary measure to keep you safe while you make some lifestyle changes - under your doctors guidance. Keep checking in with your doctor, make sure he knows what steps you are taking on your own. Later, with his/her blessing, you may be able to keep it low enough without the meds, or at least a reduced dose.

Bookmark   November 28, 2007 at 2:53AM
junkyardgirl

I agree with taking the meds until you can control it on your own. It's nothing to mess with. My friend just had a heart attack at 42, because he didn't follow doctor's instructions and thought he could cheat as long as he was on meds.

I had a friend years ago who refused to go on meds, and ended up having a stroke...at age 37.

Please, in the case of high blood pressure, don't take chances.

Bookmark   December 3, 2007 at 10:00AM
alexis154

I heard of a product called hyperexol I think it is. It is for lowering blood pressure naturally. I have been thinking about ordering it but I don't want to try something that doesn't work. Has anyone tried it?

Bookmark   December 3, 2007 at 11:29AM
blueheron

I also have high BP and take a diuretic and Lotensin. I don't really like taking meds, they always seem to have side effects. I upped my exercise, trying to do 25 min on the treadmill 5x per week. Also, I lost 5 lbs. Although not terribly overweight, I should lose about 10 more lbs. Losing weight does help, my BP went down for a time. Then I stopped losing the weight (the Holidays, you know!) and it went up again.

Doctors just want to give you meds, they don't have the time to do anything else.

I think the diuretic has dehydrated me because I wake up with a headache many mornings. I also have a stuffy nose in the morning which goes away as the day goes on. I guess it's from the dry air in the winter. We can't put a humidifier on the furnace, so I just put a bucket of water in my bedroom.

I was never allergic to anything before, but as I age, I seem to mind certain scents, etc. (Like scented candles) I think this is one of those situations where I have to figure out what's causing the headaches, etc. I do see the health provider on a regular basis.

I would love to stop taking the meds, we'll see how well I do with losing weight and exercising. My chloresterol is also borderline, but I refuse to take statins. My DH took them and had joint pain.

Bookmark   December 5, 2007 at 4:51PM
sakura2006

Hyerexol is advertized on internet and I tried it but did not work for me.
I am angry because I paied $114 for this remedy.
To be honest, I was wondering if what I got is real thing or not.
I thought about sending this to laboratory to find out if this is real thing or not but I don't want to pay to laboratory.
I am sure I am not only person who did not get money back.
When I typed 'Hyperexol doesn't work' on search engine, I found some messages posted by people who used Hyperexol.

Bookmark   March 22, 2008 at 10:58AM
More Discussions
itchy skin eczema?
I have been itching and scratching since the end of...
alanis
Chronic tonsillitis after mono?
Hi everyone, My almost 20 year old daughter had mono...
catherinet
Blood pressure cuffs in the hospital
I was in the ER a couple of times for pain in my knee,...
emma
Post Pregnancy Joint Pain & Muscle Stiffness
Wondering if others have experienced joint pain and...
Audlee
Tennis Elbow
Was just dx with a tennis elbow...Besides taking the...
anicee
Sponsored Products
NW 5050 Single Row CC LED Strip Light 60/m 12mm wide Foot
EnvironmentalLights.com
Souk Gallery-Wrapped Canvas
$79.99 | zulily
Modern Fan Company | Aurora Hugger Ceiling Fan
$384.00 | YLighting
Jocelyn Silver Beading 36" High Rectangular Wall Mirror
Lamps Plus
Rialto Chrome Triple Concealed Thermostatic Shower Faucet 2 Outlets
Hudson Reed