best supplemental plan to use with Medicare

jleekNovember 27, 2010

Can anyone decipher what would be the best supplemental plan to use along with Medicare. I am in Mass. and Harvard Pilgrim Seniority has been canceled for me. I am 67 yrs, high blood pressure, cholestral, glaucoma recently laid off.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
vala55

when I had to sign up I called my mom to see what she used because I knew she didn't pay anything except premiums of course and didn't have to do paper work. That's what I wanted...it was Blue Cross and Blue Shield. I have never regretted it.

Bookmark   December 2, 2010 at 9:17PM
mariend

Talk to your medical staff and see what insurance company they have the least trouble with. Also do you have a senior citizen center? Check with a pharmacy. Also there should be a medicare representative avaiable to help out. You were give a 800 number to call in your book from medicare.

Bookmark   December 3, 2010 at 1:56AM
lizbeth-gardener

I would second what mariend said. All Blue Cross is not the same and also differs from state to state. You need to find what pays well in your area and with your doctors and medical facilities. Good luck!

Bookmark   December 6, 2010 at 3:59PM
jleek

thanks

Bookmark   December 14, 2010 at 8:38PM
chisue

If you go to www.medicare.gov you'll be able to search Medicare supplemental health plans available to you in your zip code. It's quite a user-friendly site.

You should also have a Medicare Part D plan for drugs.

Massachusetts may be one of the states that helps with the cost of your premiums and/or co-payments for drugs.

Bookmark   December 15, 2010 at 5:31PM
goldy

I have aarp and I love it.It started out at $67.00 and it has climb to $111.00 amonth in ten years.It 's worth it no hassle.I probably could get cheaper but doctors will not give you the best service because the cheap insurances are slow payers .This was told to me by my doctor.

Bookmark   February 9, 2011 at 8:04PM
More Discussions
4000 chemicals in cigarette tobacco
there are 43 known carcinogens also. Here's the list!! Anyone...
pawprint1
drug addiction
I'm really worried about my son. I think he is addicted...
clairdo2
incisional hernia
Have you had hernia surgery with mesh placed? I am...
sasha7
Taking yourself off Paxil without side effects...???
One of my dear friends, J, had been taking Paxil for...
sooz
Anyone have a hiatal hernia, need advice?
I have constant pain in my diaphram and I read on a...
love2sew
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™