Blisters near injury . . .

pastblessingsNovember 1, 2013

Not sure if I should be concerned or not. A week ago I had an accident with my table saw that left me having surgery on my hand . . . my ring finger was cut through the bone and then tendon damaged. Two other fingers were badly cut as well. During the surgery, they put a rod in the finger with the fractured bone, repaired the tendon and stiitched up all three fingers . . . over 30 stitches. It has been very painful, but I can see progress. But now I have spots on my finger . . . near, but not where there are injuries . . . these spots are red like burns and have small blisters on the outer edges. I am wondering if they are a reaction to the tape? My only other thought is if it could be an allergic reaction of some sort . . . during my time in the ER, I had a severe anaphalaxis reaction to the IV antibiotic . . . throat swelled, couldn't swallow, severe itching . . . very terrifying. Just wondering if I should be concerned about these red burn like spots with blisters.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sameboat

Absolutely go and be seen. It could be an allergic reaction or in infection starting. Don't wait. It could be nothing, OR something serious that you have to catch in time. Any type of open sore or injury is prone to infection. Don't wait. A blood infection can take you down quick.

Bookmark   November 1, 2013 at 7:29AM
emma

Go to the ER it could be a hospital infection that will take forever to heal. My friend got one when she had a cut repaired on her hand. She fought it for at least 9 months.

Bookmark   November 1, 2013 at 9:36AM
emma

PB, I have been thinking of you. Have you seen a doctor? I hope all is well with you.

Bookmark   November 6, 2013 at 11:16AM
More Discussions
L-dopa Rx replacement for RLS anyone?
Anyone have RLS (restless leg syndrome)? I have been...
vieja_gw
Suggest a remedy for chapped hand and breaking of nails
I am a working lady and my work is mostly on computer....
kalifa
Relentless Night Cough/Post Nasal Drip
Hello, I am desperately seeking information/advice...
wowibrug
Post Pregnancy Joint Pain & Muscle Stiffness
Wondering if others have experienced joint pain and...
Audlee
Vitamin D makes my hip ache.....
Has anyone had this to happen? When I try to research...
lovemrmewey
Sponsored Products
10'' Square Cake Pan
$12.99 | zulily
Tremiti Mosaic Patio Bistro Set - 28-1304
$529.00 | Hayneedle
Winston Tuscany Cast Aluminum 44 x 88 in. Oval Patio Dining Table - WFC569
Hayneedle
RainShield Outdoor Loveseat Cover
$109.50 | FRONTGATE
Woodard Tuscan Outdoor Dining Chair - 1J0006-52
$202.15 | Hayneedle