Where to find diabetic recipes for Easy Bake Oven?

liketolearnNovember 26, 2004

My niece wants an Easy Bake Oven for Christmas. She's diabetic though and would not be able to eat most of the food that comes in the mixes.

I have looked on the web and found some recipes for the Easy Bake Oven but none of them provide the information needed about carbs so these recipes won't help (though it is lot less costly than buying mixes).

Anyone know where I can find Easy Bake Oven recipes designed for diabetics or that list the carb/nutritional information? She's 7 years old and would really have a great time with the Easy Bake Oven if I can find some recipes that she make and eat.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lazy_gardens

"none of them provide the information needed about carbs"

They provide ingredients, right? From there, you can use any diabetic cook book to figure out the units.

Bookmark   November 26, 2004 at 2:58PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
janie_ga

Email the company that makes the oven (Mattel ?). They may have recipes or they may not realive there is a need. Whoever they paid to make the recipes.mixes you can find should be able to adapt them for you.

They may also be able to tell you if you can use the recipes in any diabetic cookbook int he oven.
Janie

Bookmark   December 3, 2004 at 3:10PM
More Discussions
Gluten-free diet may do more harm than good
I'm not sure about you but I've been hearing from friends,...
Konrad___far_north
Vitamin D makes my hip ache.....
Has anyone had this to happen? When I try to research...
lovemrmewey
4000 chemicals in cigarette tobacco
there are 43 known carcinogens also. Here's the list!! Anyone...
pawprint1
Any help for balance problems?
I hope someone can relate. I have terrible balance...
phoggie
Allergies
I have allergies all year around and nothing I take...
berk
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™