Foot Pain

judy_jayOctober 9, 2007

Now that the plantar faciitis has finally left me, I have another foot problem. This time the top of my left foot is swollen & really hurts. I've been putting ice on it & taking ibuprofen but it doesn't seem to be leaving. I didn't drop anything on my foot or bruise it in any way, but it definitely hurts & is definitely puffed up right in the middle of the top of my foot. Anyone's ideas of what this is and/or how I can help it, would be appreciated.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Kathy_TX

I don't have any answers for your foot pain on top of the foot, but I am curious as to how you got rid of the plantar fasciitis? I have had the FP for several months, to the point of not hardly being able to walk. My MD gave me stretching exercises for my foot, plus told me to take 3 Advil, three times daily. As long as I took the Advil as prescribed, my foot didn't hurt much, but that is way too much Advil for my stomach. As soon as I cut back on the Advil, the foot pain increased again. I also ordered the gel iserts online that was supposed to help, wasted that $32.00! Any help you can give me will be very much appreciated!

Kathy

Bookmark   October 10, 2007 at 10:22AM
judy_jay

Hi Kathy. PF is very painful I know. I had it yrs. ago & went to a podiatrist who gave me cortisone shots, which helped but then wore off. He also had a whirlpool in his office & soaked my foot for about 1/2 hr. a few times a week. He predicted, and he was right, that it would move from one foot to the other, and then one day it would go away, which it finally did. I didn't have it for yrs. & then it came back unexpectedly last year. I tried the heel cups & gel insoles, and the orthotics the dr. gave me, and even Dr. Scholls inserts. It just has to run its course, and mine lasted about a year both times. I know that's hard to hear, but there's not a lot you can do. They tell you to exercise by stretching the foot with your hands against a wall, and pushing back with the bad foot. Also, standing on the edge of a stair & stretching your heel off the end. In my opinion, these things all help, but the best cure is just time. There's not a lot of other things you can do. I'm so sorry for your pain & hope it doesn't last as long as mine did. Please keep me posted if you can.

Bookmark   October 10, 2007 at 12:22PM
catherinet

Sometimes you can get a stress fracture. Maybe you need an xray? That kind of swelling is something you don't usually get with plantar fasciitis.

Bookmark   October 10, 2007 at 12:29PM
More Discussions
Vitamin D makes my hip ache.....
Has anyone had this to happen? When I try to research...
lovemrmewey
Chronic Chapped Lips
I have NEVER had lips that weren't chapped ever since...
ms_minnamouse
Post Pregnancy Joint Pain & Muscle Stiffness
Wondering if others have experienced joint pain and...
Audlee
Right side chest pain only at night when sleeping
Hi Everyone, I've done some research, and have found...
SconsinKid
Chronic tonsillitis after mono?
Hi everyone, My almost 20 year old daughter had mono...
catherinet
Sponsored Products
American Drew Cherry Grove New Generation Pedestal Dining Table - ADL4276
$790.00 | Hayneedle
RGBDW 5050 ColorPlus LED Strip Light 60/m 12mm wide Foot
EnvironmentalLights.com
Italian Designs Classico Appliance Pull - Satin Nickel
Signature Hardware
Charles Leather Chaise in White
$549.00 | LexMod
Outdoor Houndstooth Tweed Black Rectangle: 5 Ft. x 8 Ft. Rectangle Indoor/Outdoo
$329.00 | Bellacor
Nautical Knot Outdoor Area Rug
$129.00 | FRONTGATE
Patio Living Concepts Lamps Seaside 34 in. Outdoor White Table Lamp with Jockey
Home Depot
Robert Abbey | Fineas Table Lamp
$451.00 | YLighting
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™