Cork floor transition into tile?

djiaoSeptember 16, 2012

Hello,

I'm renovating my above ground basement into a media room/fitness room. This level is also our main entry into our townhouse from the garage.

Has anyone ever done cork flooring for majority of the room, and transition to tile or another different material flooring? How does it look? Pics? any issues?

I'm hesitant to use cork for the entry area bc of rocks under shoes, my high heels, kid's cleats etc might make holes in the cork.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dekeoboe

Floating cork or glue down cork?

Bookmark   September 16, 2012 at 5:51PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
UniqueWoodFloor

I believe your will be happy with your choice of cork flooring for the use you decribed above. We have cork in both of our offices for 5 years now. It stands better than most of the wood floorings under rolling chairs and small rocks due to its nature of flexibilty. We have the cork connect to floating wood floors in our showroom with a t-molding at the door ways. Remember you are using the finish on top of the cork, never the cork itself. My point is that cork floorings are tougher and more durable than most people thought. It feels so good under your feet. We have seen a trend of cork floorings in the Kitchen lately to replace old vinyl, even tiles. Here are some pics for your reference.

Here is a link that might be useful: Cork flooring in kitchen

Bookmark   September 21, 2012 at 12:39PM
More Discussions
Brazilian Cherry with infloor heat, rug or no rug
We just got our in floor heat installed in the sunroom. Hoping...
sewwhatsnew
Bamboo Floor Disaster
Hi, I got new bamboo floors when I renovated my NYC...
katefriedmann
Experiences with vinyl flooring
Hello, I was wondering individuals experiences with...
einajr
Please help - can't find a review anywhere
I haven't been able to find any consumer feedback on...
ciana
Carpet removal cost seems high, is it?
I got a quote for new carpet in a new-to-me house....
prettybluehouse
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™