Rebounding Exercises

jbkiddOctober 7, 2006

I have just bought a "rebounder", I have heard they are a wonderful way to exercise and have many healty benefits.

Has anyone ever used one, does it help in losing weight. Would appreciate any information anyone has about them.

Hope I haven't wasted my money

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
socks

My friend uses hers a lot and loves it. I had one and it was really fun, but it made my knees hurt. Good luck!

Bookmark   October 7, 2006 at 7:28PM
auntjen

I used to use one and enjoyed it - until one night when I came down "funny", twisted my ankle sideways, and ended up sprawled across the tile floor. Broke my foot. Needless to say, you couldn't get me on one now, so I strongly caution anyone who is going to use one to be very careful! One misplaced step, and you could injure yourself badly.

Bookmark   October 18, 2006 at 1:46PM
devorah

I tried a friend's. Wayyyyyyyyy too hard on my knees.

Bookmark   October 18, 2006 at 9:01PM
bizzylizzy

I've been using mine for a few months now. I like it. I don't find it hard on my knees or anything (I would find pounding the pavement impossible for that). As for weight loss, I haven't noticed a great deal (for myself), I feel more toned, but weight loss is simply a matter of using up more calories than brought in. There are a lot of articles on the Net that describe all the benifits of rebounding (I was surprised at how many benifits there are!). So, IMHO, you've made a good investment.

Bookmark   October 19, 2006 at 9:49AM
mar_cia

I thought this was supposed to be one of the benefits...that it was easier on your joints and knees!?? I have been thining of one. I have seen some mini trampolines on sale locally lately for only around $20. Are these as good I am wondering as the more expensive Rebounder? I have seen the ones with the rail that attatches and I think I would like that to hold on to. Does anyone have that?

Bookmark   October 31, 2006 at 1:18AM
More Discussions
Suggest a remedy for chapped hand and breaking of nails
I am a working lady and my work is mostly on computer....
kalifa
Post Pregnancy Joint Pain & Muscle Stiffness
Wondering if others have experienced joint pain and...
Audlee
Allergies
I have allergies all year around and nothing I take...
berk
Relentless Night Cough/Post Nasal Drip
Hello, I am desperately seeking information/advice...
loriellen
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™