question about lyphnoid cancer

mojojojogrlnjOctober 27, 2006

my stepdad was diagnosed with lymphoma, and also he has two spots in his lungs....I have so many questions but I will start with a couple.... first one...his tonsil is swollen and whiteish yellow stuff (which started out small) is now covering the whole tonsil...is this yeast? 2nd I totally believe in using both medical and alternative medicine does anyone know of a web site that incorporates both...he will be doing both chemo and radiation therapy and I want to keep his appetite up since he has lost so much weight already

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
catherinet

Hi Mojo,

Sorry to hear about your stepdad.
I don't know anything about cancer treatment, but I'm always hearing the ad on TV for "Cancer Treatment Centers of America", and they talk about treating the body and mind and spirit, not just the cancer. It sounds like they use various approaches. I also know there are books out there on how to treat cancer with certain foods. Good luck to you and your stepdad!

Bookmark   October 27, 2006 at 3:47PM
zoezoe

Which type of Lymphoma does he have. Hodgkin lymphoma or Non Hodgkins lymphoma? Also, did they biopsy the two spots on his lung(s) to confirm that the Lymphoma had metastasized there?

Bookmark   October 31, 2006 at 7:03PM
kiwi911

I am not sure about the natural side of things, my stepdad has Non-Hochkins Mantle Cell Lymphoma and he was treated with a agressive chemo treatment at MD Anderson in Houston, the best in the world (my opinion) they took him to the brink and back to reality. He did try some natural stuff but to no avail, it didn't help at all. He has since been in remission for 2 years and doing fine, still gets sick with respitory infections, but is still alive and well and will be 69 soon. I wish you luck in your search!

Bookmark   December 7, 2006 at 10:57PM
Katalina

Get on the internet. Check out the National Cancer Institute and find out the institutions that are approved by them. Sloan-Kettering in New York is a great cancer treatment center. The Cancer Treatment Centers are also good. There are many others but do your research and find the right doctor--an expert in the kind of cancer your stepdad has. You can call NCI or any of the others and ask for a referral in your area.

There is plenty of info out there but don't believe all of it because there's also a lot of junk science.

Bookmark   December 24, 2006 at 1:38AM
More Discussions
incisional hernia
Have you had hernia surgery with mesh placed? I am...
sasha7
Hydration cubes
Has anyone tried the Bezwecken hydration cubes for...
texasone
Generic Advair?
It is so expensive and my insurance doesn't cover any...
wertach zone 7-B SC
I have RLS (Restless Leg syndrome) .... anyone else taking this drug ?
Anyone suffering with Restless Leg syndrome? I have...
vieja_gw
Suggest a remedy for chapped hand and breaking of nails
I am a working lady and my work is mostly on computer....
kalifa
Sponsored Products
Max Blue Green Fusion Jack LED Mini Pendant
$238.32 | Bellacor
Nelson | George Nelson Lotus Floor Lamp - Cigar
YLiving.com
LED Energy Efficient Black 5" High Outdoor Wall Light
$39.95 | Lamps Plus
Chocolate Bunny - CHOCOLATE
$50.00 | Horchow
Abetta Wide Flex Sublime Super Cushion Trail Saddle - 20500FW6BK
$449.30 | Hayneedle