Diabetes Forum?

betty_the_villagesOctober 2, 2007

Is there a special Forum where we they are discussing Diabetes? Maybe this Health Forum?

Thanks!

Betty in Florida

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
socks

Betty, if you don't get much discussion here, you can check the link below. They have just about everything you can think of! Good luck.

http://healthboards.com/

Bookmark   October 2, 2007 at 7:53PM
devorah

Hi Betty,

We don't seem to be able to keep the diabetes thing together do we. I was just thinking of writing. I just found out that I have stage 3 kidney disease in addition to the diabetes. I don't know why it was just discovered. I would have thought my doctor would be watching for something like this. The food for kidney disease is the exact opposite of what you can eat with diabetes, so finding something to eat has gotten really tough. I'm going to try the link that socks provided.

Bookmark   October 3, 2007 at 4:04PM
betty_the_villages

Devorah,
So sorry to hear about the kidney disease. What symtoms did you have before you knew? What have your BS readings been before? I have a terrible time to keep mine down. Someimes I eat the wrong things. Not that much that I would think would hurt, but it does.Sometimes I just take another metformin. Not sure if that is ok.
Let us know how you are doing and what the doctor's are doing for you. We must keep you in our prayers.
Betty in Florida

Bookmark   October 3, 2007 at 6:00PM
devorah

Hi Betty, I didn't have any symptoms. I have labs done every 3 months because of the diabetes and the BUN and Creatnine levels are always part of the panel of tests. My doctor kept saying that my kidney function wasn't what is should be, but it was probably because I was dehydrated from fasting overnight. This last time my numbers were worse so he sent me for more blood work and had me do a 24 hour urine collection. Even though it came up that I had level 3 kidney disease, my doctor didn't call me. I asked my husband to ask about it when he was in for something and they gave him a copy of my labs with a scrawled note to call for an appointment with a nephrologist. I can't get in to a nephrologist until January. Meanwhile I am reading everything I can on the internet medical sites like John Hopkins and the Mayo clinic. They scare me. I don't know why I am developing complication of diabetes so rapidly. I was only diagnosed 3 years ago and I keep tight control. My A1c was up to 6.1 the last time, but even that is pretty good. My first number of the day is between 95 and 110. I try to stay under 140 all day and I never go to bed unless my blood sugar is under 120. I have an exercise bike so I can bring my sugar down whenever I need to. I exercise most days for 1 - 2 hours and sometimes more. I am pretty frightened about this kidney thing and I do appreciate your prayers.

Bookmark   October 4, 2007 at 1:58PM
More Discussions
air purifier, blueair 650E/IQ healthpro plus/whirlpool AP51030K
I am considering buying one or two more air purifiers...
janesylvia
Weird Situation
Note: This question is asked on behalf of friend One...
Jikoimary
Hydration cubes
Has anyone tried the Bezwecken hydration cubes for...
texasone
Generic Advair?
It is so expensive and my insurance doesn't cover any...
wertach zone 7-B SC
Any help for balance problems?
I hope someone can relate. I have terrible balance...
phoggie
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™