Effexor

iceblink22October 9, 2009

Hi,

I suffer from GAD and depression. Paxil is the LAST thing anyone with anxiety should be prescribed. For depression alone, it may be fine, but if you have chronic anxiety along with depression, the stimulant properties will literally drive you up the wall. Why doctors continue to prescribe Paxil and other new anti-depressants with stimulant properites for individuals with depression/anxiety disorders isa mystery to me. Effexor is fine.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
catherinet

I think people have different levels of different problems, and sometimes you have to try different things. I know when I was on Wellbutrin, I was much more anxious.
I'm on Zoloft......a very small dose, combined with a small dose of a beta blocker and it works for me. But I do get more anxious if I add caffeine to it. I'm glad the Effexor is working for you.

Bookmark   October 9, 2009 at 3:10PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
seniorscoot

I should clear this up. I accept that depression is real and by no means suggest you stop taking prescribed medication. This is something only a qualified health professional with intimate knowledge of your case can determine.

Bookmark   October 12, 2009 at 9:24PM
More Discussions
Does anyone else have a problem with Dental X-Rays?
I am wondering if it's just me or if anyone else has...
Judith
Chronic tonsillitis after mono?
Hi everyone, My almost 20 year old daughter had mono...
catherinet
air purifier, blueair 650E/IQ healthpro plus/whirlpool AP51030K
I am considering buying one or two more air purifiers...
janesylvia
I have RLS (Restless Leg syndrome) .... anyone else taking this drug ?
Anyone suffering with Restless Leg syndrome? I have...
vieja_gw
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™