Stool Test

judy_jayOctober 23, 2007

The lab at my dr.'s office has given me a packet to test my stool 3 times to detect any abnormalities. This totally grosses me out as I'm very queasy about bathroom matters. I think I'd rather get the colonoscopy than do this test. Anyone else have to do this? Did you have any problems? My DH did it a few yrs. ago with no problem & my best friend does it every year, but I seem to have a mental block about those things. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
agnespuffin

I know what you mean. My doctor hands me a pack every year. And every year, I manage to ignore it. I figure I'll take my chance on a colonoscopy from time to time.

Go ahead and voluteer to have one. Then, maybe they'll leave you alone for at least five years or so.

Bookmark   October 23, 2007 at 6:31PM
donna_loomis

Are you serious?
(A) Picture a colonoscopy.
(B) Picture scraping a bit of feces into a bottle or baggie with a piece of plastic.

B can't be any worse than changing a diaper.

I choose B, thank you very much.

Bookmark   November 5, 2007 at 1:31AM
judy_jay

Well I did it & it's done - for at least a year I think. Once I did the first test, the other two weren't that bad, but bad enough. Certain things gross me out, and this is one of them. Trust me, it is worse than changing a diaper -in my opinion. I've done both & this is definitely more gross to me.

Bookmark   November 9, 2007 at 6:39PM
More Discussions
Finally Got My Kidney
Was on dialysis 9 years,On Thanksgiving eve they called...
bulldinkie
Painful Spots of Roof of Mouth
Has anyone had these? Every once in a while, I get...
houseful
Suggest a remedy for chapped hand and breaking of nails
I am a working lady and my work is mostly on computer....
kalifa
incisional hernia
Have you had hernia surgery with mesh placed? I am...
sasha7
air purifier, blueair 650E/IQ healthpro plus/whirlpool AP51030K
I am considering buying one or two more air purifiers...
janesylvia
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™