Does Lauzon American Cherry floor wear well?

MargeeHSeptember 30, 2011

I am planning to replace carpet with wood flooring to match teak furniture and some wooden windows. Rooms being refloored are the living room, study (BR#3), hall, master bedroom and BR#2 (currently my adult son's room). The remainder of the house is already tiled -- foyer, dining room, kitchen and laundry.

The best match I have seen is Lauzon American Cherry engineered flooring. Cherry is not considered a very hard wood, but Lauzon claims to have a good top coat, Polynium + with Titanium Traffic finish, which is sun and abrasion resistant.

Does anyone have experience with this flooring?

How hard wearing is the cherry?

Would it stand up to a small dog?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
susanlynn2012

I tried to look up the answer for you but could not find it but I do remember that my samples of the Mirage Maple and the Lauzon red oak that are much softer woods did not scratch as easily as the BR- Brazilian Cherry Floor I now have on my floor. Hardness has nothing to do with scratches but softer wood will dent more easily if something is dropped on them BUT my Brazilian Cherry floors dent also.

Bookmark   October 1, 2011 at 1:13AM
Laurie

I have Lauzon engineered wood flooring and the finish is very durable!! I have red oak natural and not the American cherry that you are looking at.

We don't have any dogs, but we get plenty of foot traffic including pointed heeled shoes on occasion. It's been about 2 years and I am amazed at how well the finish is holding up.

There is a portion of flooring in the FR that gets a lot of strong afternoon sun coming through the sliding glass door. After 2 years, I cannot see any sign of fading from this sun exposure.

Dh and I have been very pleased with the quality of our Lauzon floor. Which ever floor you choose, I hope you will post a follow up. For us, it was such a good feeling to have wood flooring after years and years of old dirty carpet. I hope you enjoy your new floors as much as we have!

Laurie

Bookmark   October 1, 2011 at 3:21PM
PIDFloorsexpress

A good poly top coat on a prefinished floor is usually fine for a small dog. The Janka scale will tell you how hard each species of wood is, but the finish is what will prevent scratches and blemishes. Cherry itself is a relatively hard domestic species, but Lauzon finishes are very durable.

Here is a link that might be useful: How to Choose Wood Flooring

Bookmark   October 6, 2011 at 2:28PM
More Discussions
Floor sanding/screening question
I just purchased my first home and decided to get the...
berlinswing
Water-based finish over dark stained floors?
Hi all, Folks are about to start flooring work on my...
afrochic2
Tile over fiberglass?
Long story short, we added some porches to our new...
Nick Anderson
My experience: refinish hardwood floors with Bona Traffic
I thought it would be helpful to others to read about...
nanj
why is everyone pushing water based poly?
Everyone that I have gotten estimates for is pricing...
NYMK
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™