Cracke lips

dotmomOctober 14, 2005

I've been having with the corners of my lips cracking and being sore. I heard a long time ago that there is a vitamine I need. Any one out there thats heard this? I do take a multi every day.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sheilajoyce_gw

C and B complex helped me.

Bookmark   October 15, 2005 at 4:20PM
quirk

Drink more water. Seriously. I always get chapped lips if I don't drink enough for a couple days.

Bookmark   October 19, 2005 at 7:34PM
shaun

Odd to see this message posted. For the past few weeks my lips have been so chapped. No cold weather here either. Dont' know what's up. Using medicated chap stick and also tried a hydrocortisone cream, nothing is working.

I'll try drinking more water.

Bookmark   October 21, 2005 at 10:33AM
jannie

If this doesn't clear up, it may be yeast or thrush. Get to a doctor. I had this and it won't go away by itself. You may need medication.

Bookmark   November 3, 2005 at 12:28PM
lindac

B complex vitamine....cracked mouth corners is specific to lack of B vitamines.
Linda C

Bookmark   November 6, 2005 at 8:40PM
swanoir

In addition to the suggestions given above, if this is a recent occurance and you are using a forced hot air HVAC system, it may be that you do not have enough humidity in the air at your home. You may want to consider purchasing a hygrometer to measure your indoor humdity and correct any deficiencies with an appropriate humidifier.

Alternatively, you may have an essential fatty acid deficiency, most commonly Omega 3. Fish oil is generally better than flax oil in this regard.

Bookmark   December 3, 2005 at 4:39AM
stimpy926

Also avoid licking your lips, especially outside in Winter.

Bookmark   December 5, 2005 at 4:50PM
nyc_michael

I think that chapped or cracked lips is caused by dry weather often expereinced during the winter. Not by a vitamin definciency. If it was a vitamin problem then it would be seen during the summer months as well. You can try chapstick, vasaline, carmex any of those can and should work, but you need to keep applying it so that it is able to protect your lips from the dry cold environment otherwise it wont work if you rub it off. If this is a fungi issue such as candida aka "thrush" then you do need to see your doctor so that they can give you some perscription amphoteracin b or fluconazole. btw candida shows as white patches that can be scraped off inside the oral cavity. sometimes it can be on the corners of the mouth as well. i highly doubt this is thrush. so just stick to the carmex regimn and be sure to apply enough of it so that it stays on. best of luck

Bookmark   December 14, 2005 at 4:19PM
More Discussions
Any help for balance problems?
I hope someone can relate. I have terrible balance...
phoggie
drug addiction
I'm really worried about my son. I think he is addicted...
clairdo2
Anyone heard of Ageless Xtra?
Hi everyone, I usually post and lunk on the decorating...
customdecorator
Vitamin D makes my hip ache.....
Has anyone had this to happen? When I try to research...
lovemrmewey
Generic Advair?
It is so expensive and my insurance doesn't cover any...
wertach zone 7-B SC
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™