eyeglasses

ruthannOctober 5, 2009

Has anyone bought eyeglasses over the internet? If so, what company did you use, and are you satisfied with them? I am going to buy some soon for my grandkids, but wondered about which company to use. Thanks for any help. Ruth Ann

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
oilpainter

In my opinion the eyes are too precious to buy glasses over the internet. If you get the wrong prescription or the lens is not ground right what recourse do you have. What if something goes wrong with them--a lens falls out, an arm comes off. Kids are hard on glasses and these things often happen. Heck I'm no kid and it's happened to me and they were fixed free of charge.

It could be a fly by night company who is trying to fleece you too.

There are reputable optomitrists or chains who often offer 2 for 1 deals or discounts. I see them all the time on TV

Bookmark   October 5, 2009 at 3:21AM
sager66

"Has anyone bought eyeglasses over the internet?"
Related thread.

Bookmark   October 5, 2009 at 11:42AM
JoAnn_Fla

Get them at walmart, they are very reasonable there. If they have a optical dept.

Bookmark   October 5, 2009 at 6:59PM
mboston_gw

I have ordered two pairs from Zenni Optical online. You have to know your complete perscription including some info that you get when you place you are measured for your frames if you buy them locally. The info doesn't change
so you can get it where you had your last glasses made.

I took my pair to my local place and they fitted them for me. I was honest and told them I hadn't gotten them there but they checked the perscription and it was correct. You do have to have the earpieces bent to fit somewhere.

I wear progressive lens and like lightweight frames. Glasses can cost me over $500 a pair. Each pair I ordered were less than $100. I am getting ready to get my eye exam again and if I need new glasses, I will order again from them. Do a search on this site and you will find my earlier post about them.

Bookmark   October 6, 2009 at 9:11PM
DEBQBEE

Anyone know who offered these? It was on a commercial.

Bookmark   January 15, 2013 at 3:43AM
More Discussions
a night guard for teeth grinding, worth the money?
Many times with many different dentists it has been...
bug_girl
Vitamin D makes my hip ache.....
Has anyone had this to happen? When I try to research...
lovemrmewey
band aids
My dermatologist introduced me to Coverlet bandages....
shuffles_gw
Hydration cubes
Has anyone tried the Bezwecken hydration cubes for...
texasone
Finally Got My Kidney
Was on dialysis 9 years,On Thanksgiving eve they called...
bulldinkie
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™