Dark Chocolate Guinness Cupcake Recipe

caflowerluverMarch 9, 2012

This sounds perfect for St. Pat's Day. Maybe I will steal one of DH's bottles of Guinness and make them.

Clare

Here is a link that might be useful: Dark Chocolate Guinness Cupcake Recipe

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
chi83

I made the one from Smitten Kitchen and they were amazing. The best chocolate cake I've ever had, though I did add a tiny bit of espresso powder to it. The beer does really nice things. :) I'm making more next week for St. Patricks Day.

Here is a link that might be useful: Smitten Kitchen Guiness cupcakes

Bookmark   March 9, 2012 at 11:44AM
MichelleDT

Ditto on making a guinness dish next week....this is probably, no strike that, is the best Guinness cake I have ever made....

Photo/recipe from DesignSponge.

Here is a link that might be useful: Katie Quinn Davies Guinness Cake

Bookmark   March 9, 2012 at 1:43PM
donnar57

Hubby told me, if I make one, I'm not allowed to waste the rest of the Guinness. There's a lot more in a can or bottle than a cup or 1-1/4 cups!

Donna

Bookmark   March 11, 2012 at 11:22PM
foodonastump

Michelle - I made this cake yesterday and I'm decidedly on the fence about it. Wondering what you'd say about these comments:

It was described as incredibly moist. I wouldn't call mine dry, but it wasn't particularly moist, either. I made mine in an angel food cake pan so per the instructions I tested for doneness early. Just short of an hour I stuck it with a skewer and it came out with raw cake batter. About five minutes later I retested and it came out as she described, cooked but some crumbs stuck on the skewer.

The cake was notably unsweet. I don't need things super sweet, but both my wife and I found that you needed to include some frosting with each bite in order to enjoy it.

On the blog it was described as heavy. I found it neither heavy nor light. Right in the middle I guess.

I'm trying to figure out if I went wrong somewhere or if my expectations were just off. I have a hard time imagining I measured something wrong because I used a digital scale and weighed the ingredients out to the gram. It's certainly edible, but not a recipe I'd go out of my way to repeat if this was the intended result.

Bookmark   March 18, 2012 at 9:27AM
More Discussions
The Monkey Princess makes pasta and pies
The Princess has Italian grandparents on Dave's side,...
annie1992
Glow in the dark Mushrooms No longer a secret to scientists
If you see something glowing in the forest, don’t...
hellenabcd
white dishes that do not scratch or chip
Looking for durable white dishes
pianopiano
Please clarify this butter question......
Help! my brain isn't working on this one & I need...
amck2
How to Buy Pistachios for a Recipe
I'm planning on trying a recipe I found on Food.com...
Cassandra
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™