Post gastroscopy pain

catsmom6September 4, 2009

Hello,

I'm waiting for the doctor to call me but thought I'd try geting an answer from someone who's had it done. I can't swallow anything except my saliva and only that when I have to. I have a really cutting pain to the left of my adam's apple and when I try tried to drink even water I doubled over with the pain. Can anyone tell me this is normal?

Thank you,

Cathy

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
oilpainter

They probably scraped your throat with the instraments they used. I had a cyst taken out of my throat and I gargled warm salt water while it was healing, but I was able to swallow even though it hurt to do it.

You can also gargle with aspirin. Disolve a couple of tablets of uncoated aspirin in a little boiling water 1 or 2 tablespoons, then add cold water until it's warm and then gargle or swallow it. You can also try a pain killer cream like aspercream that you rub on the skin.

Bookmark   September 4, 2009 at 7:18PM
catsmom6

Thank you Oilpainter. I'll try the salt first. I remember (and then forgot) that we used to do this when we were kids.
Cathy

Bookmark   September 4, 2009 at 7:22PM
stargazzer

If it doesn't go away I would check with another doctor in case something was punctured and the doc won't admit it.

Bookmark   September 6, 2009 at 9:28PM
catsmom6

That's what I'm worried about. He took a biopsy so maybe he took more than his share. Also dilating it might have stretched it too thin. I think it's a bit better today. I notice that I can drink bigger sips than yesterday. I haven't tried food yet, though- just coffee.

Bookmark   September 7, 2009 at 10:54AM
More Discussions
Vitamin D makes my hip ache.....
Has anyone had this to happen? When I try to research...
lovemrmewey
Anyone have a hiatal hernia, need advice?
I have constant pain in my diaphram and I read on a...
love2sew
Generic Advair?
It is so expensive and my insurance doesn't cover any...
wertach zone 7-B SC
Chronic Chapped Lips
I have NEVER had lips that weren't chapped ever since...
ms_minnamouse
Painful Spots of Roof of Mouth
Has anyone had these? Every once in a while, I get...
houseful
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™