Prostate problem -med doesn't work ?

carole6September 30, 2008

My husband has been prescribed Prosac to shrink prostate. From all the info I've gathered,one can take this stuff for months,suffering side effects, & it probably won't work anyway. What have other men done? Have you tried alternative treatments & did they help? He also takes meds for HBP & cholesteral-side effects there, too.He usually feels miserable from it all, & would like to throw all the meds out.He's fed up with the medical profession in general, they don't listen when one tells them of side effects. Help, anyone? Thanks so much for any advice !

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
agnespuffin

Are you sure he's taking Prosac? That's usually given for depression, not prostate problems.

Ask his doctor about this. It may be that the prescription was for PROSCAR, which is a medication to shrink the prostate. Pharmacies do make mistakes sometime, especially when the doctor's hand writing is worse than usual.

Bookmark   October 2, 2008 at 11:23AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
carole6

My mistake in spelling ! Yes, it is Proscar, & I'd like to hear from those experiencing problems with it. Is anyone taking Saw Palmetto instead? Also a zinc supplement that is taken in conjunction with the palmetto.
Thanks!

Bookmark   October 3, 2008 at 4:41PM
More Discussions
Taking yourself off Paxil without side effects...???
One of my dear friends, J, had been taking Paxil for...
sooz
Post Pregnancy Joint Pain & Muscle Stiffness
Wondering if others have experienced joint pain and...
Audlee
Suggest a remedy for chapped hand and breaking of nails
I am a working lady and my work is mostly on computer....
kalifa
Hydration cubes
Has anyone tried the Bezwecken hydration cubes for...
texasone
Anyone heard of Ageless Xtra?
Hi everyone, I usually post and lunk on the decorating...
customdecorator
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™