I am really scared. (breast problem)

sunnycoSeptember 15, 2005

For about the last week, my nipples and areola have been hurting. I only notice when I take my bra off and something else, like my hand or a t-shirt, touches them. I cease to notice once I have been wearing my t-shirt for a few minutes, but if I touch them, they hurt.

Last night I googled this symptom and once I eliminated the breastfeeding and pregnancy pages, there were pages and pages of breast cancer info, and nothing else that I saw.

I am 37. My aunt had BC when she was only a couple of years older than me. I am terrified. What I have not told anyone is that I have dreamed about breast cancer a couple of times in the last two months or so. I kept doing self-breast exams, just in case, and paying attention but nothing came up until this last week. I have a doctor appt. today at noon.

My knees and hands are shaking.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Logfrog

Let us know how it turns out. At your age, hormones could be doing weird things to your body.
Froggy

Bookmark   September 15, 2005 at 11:48AM
sunnyco

I am getting a mammogram next week, to be sure, but the doctor said it is probably hormonal changes and gave me some natural progesterone cream to try. I feel much better, in spite of feeling like a wrung out sponge.

Bookmark   September 15, 2005 at 3:15PM
joann23456

I have some idea how you feel. I had nipple discharge once for awhile and found all sorts of things on breast cancer. Turned out to be a cyst. Very frightening.

I'm glad you have a mammogram scheduled - tell us how it turns out.

Bookmark   September 15, 2005 at 6:38PM
sunnyco

There is so much propaganda about breast cancer, and it is so hard people and thier families to get through, and when they don't...

I am glad I was able to get into the doctor right away. Medical stuff usually happens on Friday afternoon around here, for some reason, and getting to the doctor has to wait. I get my panties in a bunch pretty easily and I would have probably pulled all of my hair out by next week.

I think everything will be OK.

Bookmark   September 15, 2005 at 6:47PM
socks

sunnyco, let us know what you learn.

Bookmark   September 15, 2005 at 8:50PM
Logfrog

I know how you feel. I had the same thing happen when I was actually working for a gynecologist. I told him I wanted him to check it out, he said he would, but we were very busy and we had emergency surgery, etc. Next day was his day off, then it was my day off. By the time we got our act together and we both had time, it had stopped hurting.
That was over 30 years ago and it never bothered me again. But it scared the cr@p out of me while it hurt.

Bookmark   September 15, 2005 at 11:18PM
More Discussions
Suggest a remedy for chapped hand and breaking of nails
I am a working lady and my work is mostly on computer....
kalifa
I have RLS (Restless Leg syndrome) .... anyone else taking this drug ?
Anyone suffering with Restless Leg syndrome? I have...
vieja_gw
Does anyone else have a problem with Dental X-Rays?
I am wondering if it's just me or if anyone else has...
Judith
Painful Spots of Roof of Mouth
Has anyone had these? Every once in a while, I get...
houseful
Sponsored Products
Samba Circle Rings Apothecary Table Lamp
Lamps Plus
Minka Lavery | Gyro Wet Fan
$809.95 | YLighting
Logico Triple Nested Suspension by Artemide
$3,425.00 | Lumens
Joy Carpets Fabulous Fifties Area Rug - 1461-B-BLUE
$129.99 | Hayneedle
Grey 42-Inch x 84-Inch Room-Darkening Backtab Window Curtain Panel
$29.99 | Bellacor