Does anyone else have a problem with dental X-rays?

kathym_2006September 12, 2009

It's 2009 and I am still having the painful X-ray problem. The holder cuts into my flesh when I bite down on it. The dental workers seem to not really care, they act sympathetic but do nothing to solve the problem. When I asked about child-size films, they said they were too small to get enough of an image. I was told my teeth have very long roots. I have a very small mouth, my jaw is in pain after five minutes of dental work. I have been putting off dental work because of this.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
catherinet

Hi Kathy,
Can you treat yourself ahead of time with NSAIDS or tylenol? Sometimes I do that when I know its going to be a more painful procedure. Do you have alot of other pains in other places?
I have fibromyalgia, and some places on me are just really extra sensitive. I wonder......could the dentist put some topical novacaine on those areas before he takes the xrays?

Bookmark   September 12, 2009 at 7:36PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
rivkadr

Yes!

I have a very small mouth, and my dentist last year switched to a new way of doing X-rays -- instead of the old folded X-ray tabs that go in your mouth (that were bad enough), he now does digital X-rays. And the thing that goes in your mouth to do it is HUGE. And cuts my mouth to ribbons. Add in the fact that I have a really strong gag reflex, and the entire experience is just fun, fun, fun!

Usually after the first X-ray, and a whole lot of kvetching and gagging from me, the technician switches to the child size thingies...

Bookmark   September 14, 2009 at 5:58PM
More Discussions
Does anyone else have a problem with Dental X-Rays?
I am wondering if it's just me or if anyone else has...
Judith
4000 chemicals in cigarette tobacco
there are 43 known carcinogens also. Here's the list!! Anyone...
pawprint1
drug addiction
I'm really worried about my son. I think he is addicted...
clairdo2
Relentless Night Cough/Post Nasal Drip
Hello, I am desperately seeking information/advice...
loriellen
Anyone heard of Ageless Xtra?
Hi everyone, I usually post and lunk on the decorating...
customdecorator
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™