cold sores (hsv i &ii & shingles) post your remedies

shawmonaAugust 16, 2007

I'm always open to knew remedies and solutions to old problems. I have had cold sores for as long as I can remember (i'm 27 years old). If you have any awesome solutions post them here.

The one that I want to throw out there is a new invention this guy showed me. I'm bless with getting lots of colds sores so in the last 8 months i've been able to try it out about 7 times:( Of all the tricks and medication that I've tried in the past (and i've tried lots) I have to say this is the coolest and has worked the best.

I actually made a video of my last colds sore and posted it on youtube. Search for vygone and it should pop right up.

It took the guy about a half an hour to convince me that I should try this. I was hesitant because I haven't seen anything like this in the past. He finally convinced me that all herpes are polarized and that normally the virus stays dormant in your nervous system until you are sick, cold, or in the heat.

Enough talking check out the video and post any other remedies you have.

Here is a link that might be useful: http://vygone.com/

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
devorah

lysine and lots of it does the trick. I only get a cold sore now if it starts in the night so that I don't catch it in time.

Bookmark   August 16, 2007 at 11:36PM
rivkadr

Why not go to your doctor and get a prescription for something like acyclovir? I pop a pill every few hours as soon as I start feeling like I'm getting a cold sore, and that stops it from even erupting.

Like devorah says, lysine works as well, but the acyclovir is even better.

Bookmark   August 17, 2007 at 1:04PM
lydia1959

I agree with Deborah...I take lots and lots of L-Lysine. Cheap over the counter stuff - take it at the first tingle of a cold sore.

Couldn't check out the video..dial-up just takes way too long.

Bookmark   August 17, 2007 at 10:03PM
janemarie5

Lysine, Lysine, Lysine... take 2 at the start of one and keep taking one a.m./p.m. You may just start taking one every day. I dab w/ alcohol also. Or the latest one I have read was to use Grapefruit Seed Extract and dab that on there.

Bookmark   August 18, 2007 at 6:26AM
philie

i read HSV-zero is quite effective. it contains natural extracts. it can reduce healing time, boost the immune system, and help prevent future outbreaks. use it 3-5 times per day.

Here is a link that might be useful: hsv-zero

Bookmark   August 19, 2010 at 2:08AM
bigdogmom48

Pharmaceutical grade (NOT the stuff at Wal-Mart) Tea Tree Oil works well, too.

Bookmark   August 19, 2010 at 1:32PM
vala55

Lysine can raises the cholesterol in animals. I has other serious side effects.

Bookmark   August 20, 2010 at 2:28PM
More Discussions
Taking yourself off Paxil without side effects...???
One of my dear friends, J, had been taking Paxil for...
sooz
Weird Situation
Note: This question is asked on behalf of friend One...
Jikoimary
Allergies
I have allergies all year around and nothing I take...
berk
itchy skin eczema?
I have been itching and scratching since the end of...
alanis
splotchy skin in the calf areas
The red spots are mostly pin size and are up to 1/8"....
naturelle
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™