Anyone hear of Samoan Mahagony floors

hanly2August 1, 2010

I was at the flooring supply place with my contractor and they had a floor called Samoan Mahogany, it looked very nice was a stained floor not natural but nice none the less, It was not by a name brand, but was a item that they sold as their stock. The price is right, but I just don't know much about the wood and can't find to much about it online?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
uniquewoodfloors

I did some research for you. This seems to be the flooring: "Johnson's Flooring Carnaval Collection Samoan Mahogany Mocha 4-3/4in Solid" It looks like Asian Mahogany stained. To me it can be a soft wood species. Please find out the real species name with seller and Janka hardness rating.

Bookmark   August 2, 2010 at 6:29PM
hanly2

That is all the info I could find as well. The janka rating is supposed to be 1600. It didn't look to be stained the color ran all the way through the boards. I did a little test and dropped a wrench on it and some bruce oak, and the samoan is def harder, we are going to go with it and take the chance that it is good because it is so nice looking. I guess we could always refinish it if the finish isn't up to par.

Bookmark   August 4, 2010 at 12:03AM
uniquewoodfloors

Hi Hanly2. Please share your experience with us when your flooring project is done.Thank you!

Bookmark   August 5, 2010 at 6:06PM
blondie859111

Bump

Bookmark   December 14, 2010 at 7:12AM
More Discussions
'Nature' Brand Wood Flooring
I'm looking for either Brazilian Walnut or Brazilian...
justhuff
has anyone put down oiled wood floors?
i fell in love with floors by a company called DuChateau....
Bridget Helm
Anyone used Coretec?
I have searched and searched, but I haven't seen any...
joygreenwald
What is the size of your longest hardwood floor boards?
What ranges are the sizes of your hard wood floor boards...
tlbean2004
Somerset Country Hardwood Made in China
After ordering 1650 sf of Somerset Country hardwood,...
blondie859111
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™