Fluctuating Blood Pressure

downsouthAugust 19, 2004

I went to the dentist today for a deep cleaning. She was going to numb me (with shots), but after taking three blood pressure readings (first one being 139/90, second at 112/80 and the third at 150/90), she decided to wait until I went to see my family doctor about my blood pressure. I never thought this was really high enough to be that concerned to stop the dental procedure, but it did make me feel good that my dentist is very informed and does take all necessary precautions and not put a patient at risk.

I'll go back after I see what my doctor says. I have a feeling it's going to be time for BP medication.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Glitter53

Hi. As someone who's been on BP meds for years, I agree with you that yours didn't sound high (to me)...could have been "white coat nerves"...a wee nervous about a dental procedure, but I'm ON meds and can't get mine that low! ;-)
Naturally it's a good idea to be checked....did she have a base reading for you that this was a high comparison? Honey...those numbers would be a treat for me! What's normal for one, isn't for another....by all means, get checked...hope it's all good news! ;-D

Bookmark   August 28, 2004 at 5:49PM
More Discussions
shingles
i've been told if i don't move around so much that...
brightmoregirl
Tennis Elbow
Was just dx with a tennis elbow...Besides taking the...
anicee
Suggest a remedy for chapped hand and breaking of nails
I am a working lady and my work is mostly on computer....
kalifa
Chronic tonsillitis after mono?
Hi everyone, My almost 20 year old daughter had mono...
catherinet
Sponsored Products
Harbour Outdoor | Piano Coffee Table
YLiving.com
Contemporary Indoor/Outdoor Area Rug: Sleep Innovations Rugs Slate 4 ft. x 5
$79.97 | Home Depot
Danze Opulence Trim Only Single Handle Pressure Balance Shower Faucet - Tumbled
Modern Bathroom
Organic Eco-Valley Wool 3-inch Twin/ Twin XL-size Mattress Topper
Overstock.com
Metro Satin Nickel One-Light 120V Fluorescent 26-Inch Bath Fixture with White Gl
$359.20 | Bellacor
Queen Suprelle Pillow with Piping - Medium
$124.50 | FRONTGATE
Abbington Victorian Thermostatic Tub and Shower Set - 1/2" IPS
Signature Hardware
Eiffel Arm Chair in Fuchsia
$154.99 | Dot & Bo
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™