Need travel info for oxygen user.

calpatAugust 17, 2007

I have recently had to go on oxygen 24/7,it's been a bit of a challenge, but getting use to it. I'm wondering how people like me can do some traveling..are there motels, etc. that have a rooms with oxygen equipment? I currently have a permanent machine in my home that provides oxygen, also a cart that holds about a 4 hour supply and a portable cannister that provides a 2 hour supply. Any suggestions as to how I can travel overnight or a couple of days with all this equipment.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
agnespuffin

I am sure that there must be a way. But are you sure you want to be that far away from your doctor?

Bookmark   August 17, 2007 at 9:30PM
calpat

I have no intention of being made into an invalid, my M.D. knows this. Those are the key words (made into)! I'm aware of what my capabilities are at this point in my life, but I'm also aware that where there's a will, there is a way! I don't kid myself, there are so many things that I can't do anymore, but there are also a multitude of things that I can do and/or learn to do! Just have to plan with more caution these days.

Bookmark   August 17, 2007 at 10:38PM
agnespuffin

Wonderful! You are to be commended for having the right attitude. I just wanted to make sure that you understood that there could be problems.

Sometimes, it seems that the last person that some people think for advice is their physician.

Enjoy yourself! Life is worth it.

Bookmark   August 18, 2007 at 1:21PM
calpat

agnespuffin, I apologize to you if I sounded harsh. I have found with physicians that where they may be very smart about being a doctor, they sometimes lack the ability to be real person, e.i. they can treat the physical part of an illness, but very often know nothing about how to "live with it" aspect. Of course, now there are so many agencies dealing with all sorts of stuff and thank goodness for "google", got some great info. reg.equipment in motels.

Bookmark   August 18, 2007 at 3:56PM
socks

Calpat, you are right about one thing...where there's a will, there is a way.

Here's a link below which will give you a little information. Another source of information would be a company which supplies the oxygen tanks. Good luck.

Here is a link that might be useful: American Lung Assn.

Bookmark   August 18, 2007 at 11:05PM
calpat

Thank you all for support and information. I may never go anywhere that may require alternatives, but its' nice to know and uplifts the spirit to know that you can! Pat

Bookmark   August 18, 2007 at 11:43PM
More Discussions
4000 chemicals in cigarette tobacco
there are 43 known carcinogens also. Here's the list!! Anyone...
pawprint1
Allergies
I have allergies all year around and nothing I take...
berk
Generic Advair?
It is so expensive and my insurance doesn't cover any...
wertach zone 7-B SC
a night guard for teeth grinding, worth the money?
Many times with many different dentists it has been...
bug_girl
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™