hot flashes

ann4August 19, 2006

I'm one month away from 49 and about a month ago started experiencing hot flashes. I have always had night sweats but not constantly and was able to put up with them. Now I'm concerned because I'm also having trouble (not always-sleeping). This is torture. I went out and bought over the counter black kohosh and progesterine cream, taking calcium, and just trying every stinken thing. I missed July's period and have no idea if August will get here. Any advice out there. I also get migranes generally prior to my period (even in July I had a 2 day headache no period though). I had read alot about progesterine, how long befoe it works - ps. I'm also breast cystic - Help

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
catherinet

Hi ann,
Did you know there's a menopause forum here? You might want to check it out. We're all over there groaning with each other! It IS a very difficult time for some of us, and it seems like different things work for different women. I'm 56, and it's finally settled down a little for me. I got horrible migraines in the thick of this transition. I also got high BP and was put on a beta blocker....which took away all my headaches totally!! Unfortunately, I guess there's always a trade-off and I think it made me gain weight and added to my fatigue.
Please check out the menopause forum and read all the old posts. There's lots of good suggestions there.

Bookmark   August 20, 2006 at 12:54PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
catherinet

P.S. Here's the link to the menopause forum
http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/menopause/

Bookmark   August 20, 2006 at 12:56PM
More Discussions
Allergies
I have allergies all year around and nothing I take...
berk
drug addiction
I'm really worried about my son. I think he is addicted...
clairdo2
Anyone heard of Ageless Xtra?
Hi everyone, I usually post and lunk on the decorating...
customdecorator
Anyone have a hiatal hernia, need advice?
I have constant pain in my diaphram and I read on a...
love2sew
Weird Situation
Note: This question is asked on behalf of friend One...
Jikoimary
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™