Fish Oil - Spin off

jayokieAugust 20, 2007

Feb 22 'Coolmama' posted in reply to fish oil supplements. She mentioned that fish oil (capsules) was good for the hair. Does that mean healthier (adding oil for dry hair?) Or in other ways? My hair has always been oily, & has gotten worse in recent months. I've been taking fish oil supplements for over a year....can it be that the supplements are now responsible for this add'l hair oiliness? I simply cannot get it to feel clean (well, what *I* think of as clean. I know it IS, it's just not what/how I want it. Kinda hard to explain. CM, would you or someone else - expand on your statement, please. Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
catherinet

When I used to use Pert (for more "body"), I discovered that after awhile, my hair always felt dirty. I started using Suave "daily clarifying" shampoo and it got much better.
I think some shampoos add alot of junk to make your hair feel thicker, but it ends up building up on the hair too much and then it feels dirty.
I know this doesn't answer your question, but might be another reason for your "dirty" hair.

Bookmark   September 7, 2007 at 6:44PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jayokie

Thanks, Catherinet, for the response. I use Tresseme (sorry, don't think it's spelled right) my hairdresser said is 'the best'. For a long time, I agreed. Suave doesn't do anything positive for my hair & now, I'm getting discouraged with Tresseme. I agree, the shampoos add so much the purpose is defeated. I don't DARE use anything with conditioner. I'll keep looking for answers. Thanks, again, for your suggestion. I appreciate it!

Bookmark   September 11, 2007 at 4:40PM
More Discussions
Anyone heard of Ageless Xtra?
Hi everyone, I usually post and lunk on the decorating...
customdecorator
Tennis Elbow
Was just dx with a tennis elbow...Besides taking the...
anicee
Suggest a remedy for chapped hand and breaking of nails
I am a working lady and my work is mostly on computer....
kalifa
Anyone have a hiatal hernia, need advice?
I have constant pain in my diaphram and I read on a...
love2sew
L-dopa Rx replacement for RLS anyone?
Anyone have RLS (restless leg syndrome)? I have been...
vieja_gw
Sponsored Products
Vondom | Faz Bench Glossy Finish
YLiving.com
Kenroy Inverness 2 Light Flush Mount
Beyond Stores
Custom Addison Upholstered Headboard
Home Decorators Collection
Jason J4272 Tub
Modern Bathroom
Set of 3 Banister Brushed Steel Floor and Table Lamps
Lamps Plus