I've researched my pain but found nada...

hannahAugust 1, 2005

I've had the most uncomfortable pain in my back for the last 3 days...so bad, that I'm having trouble sleeping.

It's centralized at the left side of my back, just below the shoulder blade & on my left side.

It feels like it's on the inside of my ribs and every once-in-a-while, I think I can feel it towards the front.

I don't believe it's muscle-related...it feels more like it's internal...a burning pain.

I realize this is a vague description, but does it sound like anything you folks might recognize?

Thanks in advance...........

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

I hope that you are planning to see your physician about this. It could be just a muscle problem or it could be something serious. No one here nor anything on the Internet can help you decide for sure what it is. See your doctor. He/she needs to know about it.

    Bookmark   August 5, 2005 at 10:32AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Have you thought about it being gallbladder problems? I had pain like that when mine flared up

    Bookmark   August 22, 2005 at 6:13PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

This could be a million things, and it is almost pointless to guess at a diagnosis without gathering more information and some testing. That being said, I am going to say some possibilites. Given that is is on the left side AND it is burning, I think it might be heartburn aka acid reflux. This diagnosis would be strengthed if you felt the pain a little while after eating a big spicy meal. You did say you had it for 3 days. what you did not say is if it was a constant pain or if it got worse during certain times over the course of the 3 days. A constant pain would figure to be something else, but if it fluctuated in harmony with food intake then heartburn could very well be your problem.

Other possibiliteis..The gulbladder is located deep the liver and that would be on the right side of the abdomen. Even so, there is such a thing called referred pain which means that the pain is felt in an area that is completely differnt from the site where it is orinating. This is why pain can be felt in the arm during a heart attack and it happens with internal organs.

Like someone has said, go see your physician right now so that you can get this treated. best of luck!

    Bookmark   December 14, 2005 at 3:57PM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
Blood pressure cuffs in the hospital
I was in the ER a couple of times for pain in my knee,...
itchy skin eczema?
I have been itching and scratching since the end of...
Chronic tonsillitis after mono?
Hi everyone, My almost 20 year old daughter had mono...
I have RLS (Restless Leg syndrome) .... anyone else taking this drug ?
Anyone suffering with Restless Leg syndrome? I have...
Post Pregnancy Joint Pain & Muscle Stiffness
Wondering if others have experienced joint pain and...
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™