Malaccan cherry

GHN_August 15, 2011

We are in the process of remodel our house and will put hardwood floor throughout. We love the Brazilian cherry but the price is over our price range. Found the Malaccan cherry at a more affordable cost but couldn't find any info about this wood. Has anyone had experience with this that you could share? We also tried to look for the hardness rating of this wood but didn't find anything either.

Thanks

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
glennsfc

Malaccan Cherry is from the forests of Malaysia. I don't know whether or not the specie is legally sourced. That is all I will tell you.

Bookmark   August 16, 2011 at 12:05AM
RMH123

Hi all! Malaccan Cherry is also known as Tuan. It is the tree Pometia Pinnata. It is sold by Lumber Liquidators as Malaccan Cherry, but it is also the source of Figi Lychee fruit and grows all over Southeast Asia, India, Papua New Guinea, Australia, Viet Nam, and on and on. You can search Alibaba.com and find vendors! It is sold in pots in Florida at HD. It grows like crazy and is not endangered. We bought from Lumber Liquidators and it is milled by Dura-Wood (a Lumber Liquidators brand) and we picked it up last week. Very pretty and has a janka rating of 1900. Supposed to be harder than red oak. We'll see. You can find two reviews of it on the LL site.

Bookmark   July 24, 2012 at 9:14PM
yvinson

Hi,
I'm considering getting Taun flooring, looked at what Lumber Liquidator has and some by a company called Bella Cera. How are your floors holding up? any pics you can share? RMH123 What was your experience with LL and their product? Thanks

Bookmark   January 20, 2013 at 9:46PM
More Discussions
No hardwood warranty from HOM Furniture store - midwest
So after falling in love with Birch engineered floor...
Maryna
Best flooring for dog who doesn't 'hold it'
Hello Everyone- I am moving into a new house. The house...
krylander
Carpet removal cost seems high, is it?
I got a quote for new carpet in a new-to-me house....
prettybluehouse
What to use on edging and stairs when stripping of old hardwood floor
We are in the process of stripping and refinishing...
candeelyn
Travertine Flooring
Trying to find out more info on Travertine flooring....
dqubti
Sponsored Products
American Drew Cherry Grove 45th Pedestal Dining Table - ADL4310
Hayneedle
Symbol Audio | Audio Desk
YLiving.com
TRIBECCA HOME Mackenzie Country Black Dining Chair (Set of 2)
Overstock.com
Cherry Festive Indoor/Outdoor Alfresco Rug
$24.99 | zulily
Cherry Blossom Brick Red Six Piece Queen Duvet Set
$399.00 | Bellacor
Barbados 5' Umbrella Canopy
Cost Plus World Market
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™