Work

khriosDecember 7, 2004

Hi,

I unexpectedly lost an aunt, to whom I was very close, last Friday. Due to a new job, I was unable to attend her wake or funeral as it was 4,000 miles away.

I took yesterday off work and did my own ritual in her memory. But today at work it is hard.

I am an auditor and really need to focus on my work. I find myself spaced-out, almost in tears at times. How do you cope at work?

Ann

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Joels_Sister

Hi Ann,

I can't really offer any spectacular advise on this subject because I was a weepy space cadet for weeks after my brother died. Things slowly go back to being normal at work over time. It's hard to consentrate and just jump back into work when you've lost someone you care for. I am still a space cadet, and only slightly less weepy. Just give yourself time and don't expect yourself to work miracles at work for a while.

Morgan

Bookmark   December 7, 2004 at 2:36PM
lulie___wayne

I've heard some people say that when they are in a situation like this, they tell themselves that they MUST concentrate on the work at hand at the time, but when they get off work or at home, they will allow themselves to grieve openly. I know it is very, very, hard.
Is there any way that you could maybe take a couple of weeks off or even just a week or few days? Sometimes if you can just have a little time off to kind of get your mind and heart in a comfortable place, it helps.
Lu

Bookmark   December 7, 2004 at 7:42PM
Vickey__MN

When my mom died in May I had a heck of a time concentrating. It took 3-4 weeks before I felt I could actually concentrate here at work. Some days are still hard. Do the best you can.

Vickey-MN

Bookmark   December 9, 2004 at 1:10PM
More Discussions
Not Much Grieving - Should I Be Concerned?
Hi - Thanks for taking the time to read this. My father...
suzieque
i have never felt so alone lost and frightened
i too lost my husband. he was 37 when he passed. due...
BewilderedShock
Loss of my Mother
Um, I've never really done anything like this before...
Rachel_
Loss of first born Adult Son
I have just found this site I lost my first born adult...
jamesdasmum
Pennies
I have recently lost my husband in April. October 16...
mnsara
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™